Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
karen60,

The minimum recommended time for flight connections is 90 minutes, so your 1 hour 40 should in theory should be fine. However, it only needs a slight delay to your first flight or long queues at immigration to scupper your plans for your connecting flight. I normally allow at least 2 hours when connecting flights just in case. You should be ok though, especially on your return flights as you'll be able to through-check and won't have to clear imigration like on your outbound flight.

Darren
Thanks Darren
The stopover on the way back is around 5 hours so no worries there .I checked that one at the time but totally forgot the incoming one.Just have to keep my fingers crossed.Anywhere I've been in past has been a direct flight so this will be a new experience
Karen60
We use Us airways last year with 2 hour stopover in Philly. Don't worry it took us under 1 hour from getting off the plane - tip, you can book your seat online, so pick a seat near to an exit door so you will be one of the first off the plane, getting throught immigration, collecting our luggage, checking it in again and getting to the connecting terminal. On the plane they have a TV channel telling you what to do. Also check Philly airport on google so you know the layout to the airport and there is a lot of info on tripadvisor about connecting at Philly.
Hi Jay
Thanks for your reply.I guess I won't stop worrying until I'm sitting on the plane.What did you think of US airways ?
Karen60, No complaints. We got our broading cards for both our outbound and connecting flight. Our flight, despite departing 10-15mins late actually arrived early in Philly, I think they know there are people rushing to get connecting flights. They gave us free drinks, snacks etc. There were individual TV so you can watch what you want but you have to pay for the headsets. Good selection of movie and others to chose. We had enough leg room. Just a reminder reserve your seat on their website. We did it for all our - outbound, connecting and return flights. Philly airport is big with lots of shops and eating places. Hope this help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.