Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hvasey,

By definition, your flights are connecting flights as in you are flying from one airport to another, in order to catch the next one. However, they aren't connecting in the sense that you get off one and straight on to the other. Because you are flying with airlines who aren't partners in one of the alliences (eg One World), you'll have to collect your luggage, transfer from T5 to T3, then check-in for your onward flight. 2 hours is pushing it if I'm honest. You should have enough time to transfer, but you'll have to make your way over as quickly as possible. If there is a delay on your initial flight, or transfering terminals resulting in you missing your next flight, I'm sure Egypt Air will do their best to put you on the next available flight. However, that depends on availability and when the next flight it. Information on flight connects is available on Heathrows website. Further advice is available on the Heathrow thread.

Darren
Although British Airways and Egyptair are not partnet airlines, they do have an interline agreement, which basicly means when you check-in at Manchester you bags will be checked all the way through to your final destination. Providing your domestic and international flights are on the same ticket, i assume they will be as it would be very unsual for Thomas Cook Signature not to do this. All you really have to deal with, is getting from T5 to T3 at LHR a the minimum connecting time recommended by BA is 120 mins.
Also Egyptair and BA will do there very best to get you to your final destination as soon as they can if your flight is delayed. In the past if ive ha a tight connection ive gone to the airport in time for the earlier flight and asked the airline if they have space and can i get on it. You will be surprised how many times ive been allowed to get on the earlier flight. Does not always work, but worth a try.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.