Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I would say definatley not enough time, what with the new swne flu scanning, getting through immigration, collecting your baggage, queueing to put the hold bags through the xray scanner, waiting for the transfer bus, then checking in for the Goa flight, the chances of doing it in 90 min. is small. Last year because of the crowds at the bag scanner on arrival, the transit took us three hours. Now I always leave four hours for it. Alan
to be honest your original 2 hours was almost impossible.
The good news for you is that Travelocity are only acting as agents and the contract is between is you and Kingfisher. I had absolutely no problems with them when I had to cancel flights with them. Our flights had cost £175 and we got £137 back - an immediate reply to my email. That is taxes. So you won't lose much. However, you might find they will be happy to transfer you to the next flight for a nominal fee.
Go with Alan's advice and four hours inbetween. Better safe than sorry
Thank you all for you advice! I will give it 4hrs then

Fiona,

How do i go about cancelling the flight or changing the times? Do i contact Travelocity or Kingfisher direct?

Thanks
Can't disagree with the advice being given here, with the way things run at Bombay Airstrip its good, valid advice.
It can happen quickly, but equally if there is an "r" in the month or the wind is in the wrong direction, maybe not.

But at the end of the day its a bit sad when we have to advise people that to arrive at one side of an airport, and transfer to the other side of the same bl**dy airport we should allow FOUR hours, after flying 5000 miles around the world in just over eight hours........well, I'm a bit lost on this one?
Hi we arrive in Mumbai [ Jet airways] at 11:25
Flight to Goa 2:50 [Kingfisher airways]
Will this give us plenty of time to transfer :think
annx
Slightly off topic, could anyone tell me why they insist on putting your hold bags through the xray scanners at Mumbai and not Dabolim ? I know in Australia they do this, but as they are red hot on any banned food or plants entering Oz I can understand this, but India?? I've never seen them even looking at their screens there anyway
Aarond, I would think you'll be ok with your transit times, you'd have to have major holdups at the arrivals in Mumbai to miss with that transit time. Alan
Just to let you know, I have emailed Kingfisher asking what the options are so will wait and see what I get back.

Thanks
Thanks gramps its our first time to fly into Mumbai so not sure what to expect :think
annx
Hi we arrive in Mumbai [ Jet airways] at 11:25
Flight to Goa 2:50 [Kingfisher airways]
Will this give us plenty of time to transfer

Aarond this is more than enough time
chilly
Just an update..

Spoke to Kingfisher and they told us to contact travelocity. Travelocity say because we have a return flight under the same booking they can't cancel it and they don't have any other flights that day. So we are going to have to pay again for an alternative flight with a different airline :(
jtownson
worth checking the Kingfisher site to see if what they are saying is true. Pity you went through them. Not sure what problems you had trying to book direct with Kingfisher but it was to do with payment, then you have to phone your bank and explain that you are about to make a transaction with them and authorisation is given to allow the payment to be made. Worth knowing for next time.
Hi JTownson,sorry to read about your problem,a real downer! 1.5 hrs is really tight but dont give up yet,you have not told us your flight times of arrival or departure with Kingfisher to Goa?(date?) :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.