France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We have gone all over the country with Canvas Holidays. Prices are pretty good and their reps are 1st class. Many sites have children's reps as well. They charge a bit extra for overnight stops but if you do 3 nights you only pay the standard charge. They have pretty good coverage of the whole of France and the site at Berny Riviere is about 45-60 mins from Disney and 30 mins from Parc Asterix. The sites on the Vendee are very good and I can recomend Prairie. They also have sites in the South and all over the middle of France. Canvas do tents (which are huge) and also mobile homes of various standards. If I was going to the Med I would opt for a tent as they at least get a breeze through them.
  • Edited by Hi De Hi 2006-12-04 22:52:17
You may find THIS topic useful :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi

we went with eurocamp in october,taking our 2 sons aged 10 & 4,we stayed in a 2 bed mobile home

we stayed @ berny riviere ,its a gorgeous location ,and is ,as stated above only about 45 - 50 mins to Disneyland paris,a very easy drive too :)
there is a site closer to Disney but we wanted the more peaceful countryside location of berny and we werent disappointed

we are going to go back next year in fact :D

http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/index.html

all the big operators have accomodation there,siblu,canvas,keycamp,eurocamp etc etc

HTH
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.