France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Why not consider the Aquitaine and Landes area of SW France - say around the Bay of Arcachon, using Bordeaux as your arrival airport or the area around La Rochelle, the Ile de Re, Fouras, and Cognac. Arrival airport would be La Rochelle. Lots of good food in both areas, plenty to do and see and WONDERFUL wine! Beaches are sandy and good too. Why not contact the French Government Tourist Office at 178 Piccadilly for brochures or use search engines on the net. Bonnes Vacances!
Also the Ile D'oleron which when we were there you paid to cross the aquaduct to Ile de Re but not D'Oleron.

La Rochelle is one of my fave places-I loved the street entertainment and night life there.
Pwincess (gotta laugh just saying that),

I can recommend Nice and the Cote D'Azur generally. Wife and I have been to that area several times, and have visited in May, mid-summer and late September and always found the weather to be great. Mid-summer is hot (30's most of the time) and the evenings very pleasant for eating "al fresco".

Nice is wall-to-wall restaurants and caters for all budgets. Hotels are plentiful but generally not cheap. Just east along the coast is Villefranche. A small but quite lively little port town - cruise ships run their tender boats into the port several days a week. There are several excellent restaurants gracing the harbour front. Hotels can be found on the web and again, in mid-summer the prices will not be cheap.

St. Raphael west of Nice is again a lively port town with yet more good restaurants.

This entire stretch of coast from Menton near the Italian border westwards to St. Tropez has much to offer by way of food, wine, culture and sights. I cannot say what the (club) nightlife's like - always too relaxed in a restaurant to be bothered with the noise and bustle of a club.

Cheers, Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.