France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Not sure but I spent the millenium new year with French friends and we had a great time. We also celebrated the new year again 1 hour later because we were Brits and it was 12pm at home!
The French take new year's eve (le Saint-Sylvestre) to their hearts, or rather to their stomachs! Many people celebrate in restaurants eating multicourse meals and dancing until dawn.

I January, not a cat stirs! 2 Jan, many people are back at work, and of course the shops and museums are open. The SALES do not start until mid-January.

You will need to find a venue and even book now. Bring your alka-seltzers, and a lot of money for a taxi home ... if you can get one.

By the way, I would not recommend such a break for youngsters (kiddies) as they will easily get bored, and there really isn't anything that would interest them, except for the fireworks at midnight (and it can get VERY cold!).
He's not kidding about the cold
Our friend lives in Dept 17 and she had temperatures down to -19 and lower

If you can get a hotel room then you will not be disappointed but you will need to go to Weightwatchers for a year afterwards
By the way Gray, I'm a 'she'!
Oooppsss

Sorry didn't know
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.