Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Although I've not stayed at Cala Llonga - visited during the day a number of times. Never noticed that smell of roasting chickens down near the beach :shrug and it is a pretty small resort.

Maybe one of the restaurants will do you one to take away otherwise it's a quick trip to St E to get one !

Good luck on your chicken hunt !

John.
Huhner Karl in the car park of the Santa Eulalia marina - the best chickens on the island for under a tenner.
ask any restaurants they will do you one or visit the el pina apts they do great food to eat in or take away.
Hi,
we stayed in Cala LLonga 7 years ago and we stayed at the Cala Llonga Playa apartments, the restaurant at our our apartments had an oven with whole chickens cooking in it, don't know if they still do this but if so they should let you buy one and take it away.

Carol
:offtop

Boy could I eat one of those chickens right now.......some crispy thin fries and fresh baked bread :sad

>>checks fridge and cupboard << Chicken and mushroom pot noodle ?????? Near enough :rofl

John.
Your best bet might be to ask at the small new restaurant called La Terazza, formerly the Blues Cafe and Bar Olympicos before that.

It has only opened this year as La Terazza and is being run by the British couple who had Casa Piedra on the outskirts of town until their lease ran out last year. They are doing simpler food now than they did in Casa Piedra and I think they would do you a whole chicken, or portions, to carry out if you ask.

Where will you be staying in Cala Llonga?
We are staying in Sa Tanca Apartments, I have heard great reports about them and about the bar Up and Inn !!?? The cooked chicken was just a wee thought while I was sitting counting the days here in work and remembering the last time we were in Spain !!!!

Only 24 days , can't wait.......... although this weather is helping to get us in the mood

Jen
Totally of subject i know,but try mr cario's bar,when you are there,some real great entertainment for the evening! :tup
Came out of mr cairos at god knows what hour totally hammered last year and headed straight into the sea - the wife were not impressed when i staggered back through the hotel soakin wet through in just me chuddies - but what a great night - the only bar that opens late if i remember right!

Decent entertainment and good drink offers - happy hour etc.
Sa Tanca is in the centre of the town and two minutes walk from the beach. It is also has nightly entertainment in the Up and Inn. However it was pretty quiet when I was in Cala Llonga in June. That was probably due to it being popular with families and obviously the schools were not closed for the holidays then.

I do think part of the problem is they overprice their drinks and that many people are now looking around the village for better deals. They were asking 3.40 Euros for a pint when I was there, yet you could get a pint for 2 Euros by walking a hundred yards up the hill.

My advice would be to check around the other bars for happy hours or other offers, especially at night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.