Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
parky .....please

CazzMicknTom

If you have family would go across to Protaras. Have been there with my family and they loved it.

Kath x
I would agree with Kath, if you like nice beaches it has to be Protaras or Pernera. Don't discount Ayia Napa either as the beaches are superb, and it is more family friendly than people think, as long as you don't stay in the centre.
Thanks Parky, but we doo Blackpool in October for the light :wink:

Bellavista/Kath
Thanks for the advice, think that was the one I'd really picked out in my mind. I have a son who will be 9 next year.

Cazz.
I am sure there will plenty of members telling you their favourites.

There are some lovely hotels over that side.

Now I go to Paphos every year to relax lol

kath x
Cazz, can I tell you that after 22 years going to Limassol we decided last year was our last.

Sad but much as I love it, the place is dying if not dead. Even worse, all our Cypriot friends are losing heart because most of the hotels are closing and opening for long-term rentals. They are fighting a losing battle with their restuarants and bars, long-term people tend to eat in and just go out for the odd drink. Who can blame them really........, if you are there for 6/12 months it's not a holiday it's a way of life.

Didn't particularly like Protaras, but at your age I would probably have loved it, so yes, def go for it.

Cheers,
Jinty
I would suggest Protaras as well. It has everything that ticks your boxes from what I can see.

The aquapark is in Ayia Napa but a bus takes you straight there anyway.

They family bars, trampolines and the best neaches around.
If you want recommendations for accommodation around the Protaras area the Rising Star get the vote from our reviewers:- Rising Star Reviews
Oh, Thanks Glynis, I'll check them out.
My friend at work siad to try the Tssokos Gardens but they are in Pernera which may be on the quiet side for what we want.

:lol:
Glynis, really good reviews on there. If we went half board it states you go across the road to the hotel???? Which hotel do you go too?
I couldn't get a price for next year yet but I've priced up for this year and it is really good value.

Oh and thanks Cardiff lad, the trampolines have swung it :wink:
We went to Cyprus for the first time 5 years ago and stayed in Pernera. We liked it as it was literally a 5 min walk along the road to Protaras but not as busy. There was still plenty to places to eat, beach sports etc and there was a water park right at the back of our hotel. There's only the 2 of us but we saw plenty of families there.
As puddleduck just said Pernera is on the outskirts of Protaras. It's a couple of mins in a taxi which is cy£4 or you can get a bus into Protaras from the main road through Pernera for 80c. I stay in Pernera and travel into Protaras as I find it better that way because I have very late nights over there it's quieter in the mornings when I want to sleep. I haven't walked into Protaras as i'm to lazy but I believe it's a nice easy stroll alonng the coast or you can walk along the main road and take advantage of the bars and restaurants along the way.
Thanks Cardiff lad.
There's still plenty time to decide between the two hotels but my son has just saw the website for the Rising star and prefers that one because" If I just fancy going into the sea I can!" Yeah, like I 'd let him go on his own :roll:
I would also recommend Protaras for a family holiday. Gorgeous beaches, safe for kids, really good restaurants, mini golf etc. We've been 9 times and love it. Rising Star apartments are lovely and in a great location, handy for everything and a full entertainment programme to keep the kids busy if they want it. However, if you're looking for this summer you might find it hard to get a booking there as it goes really quickly. There's lots of other good ones though such as Golden Star across the road, Vangelis (very central), Lantiana etc.
It's a lovely island (don't like Larnaca much though!) with lots to see and do so it just depends what your wish list is on holiday. Good luck with the booking :D
Thanks Snowflake.
It's for next year but holidays don't go on sale till mid april. I've given my travel agent the details. I thought it may get booked pretty quickly as it only has 106 rooms, but we are going early season, mid may.
If I can't get booked into the Rising Star, does anyone have a second choice alternative with similar amenities, ie beach front location :lol:
Western side every time....
If I can't get booked into the Rising Star, does anyone have a second choice alternative with similar amenities, ie beach front location

Try the sister hotel the Golden Star, it's across the road from the Rising Star and also on the beach front. There a pub between the 2 hotels that has 'entertainment' for the kids and also karaoke. We ate there a few times too and the food was nice.

We stayed at the Golden Star last summer. The pool was quieter than the Rising Star as the Reps worked in the Rising Star and did poolside games etc. You are welcome to use either pool.
Hi all
Having been to Cyprus twice, once with the family and once on my own for a stress break!! I would say Protaras, for families, and Paphos for adults. More beach as Protaras. We stayed at Louis, Ayios Elias holiday village, we really enjoyed it there. Bit of a hill just outside the complex, but the accommodation was very nice.
Paphos is a bit more in my opionion better for adults, historical sights, night life, bars etc. You will have a nice time wherever you go. Enjoy!!

Dawnie-Rob
Thanks you two.
I had the Golden Star as my second choice and then the Tssokos Gardens as that comes highly recommended by a work collegue, it's where she got married ( although it isn't on the beach :cry: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.