Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I'm trying to find an official website, but as yet haven't been able to, so I can add this property to reviews.

Is THIS the place?

Thanks.

Pippy :)
hi pippy, not that one, i fancy they are new and nearish to the new marina, close to the pechiguera lighthouse, five star bungalows.
Hmmm, I've also found THESE which are described as being 5* but if you look at the photos they are (I think) one and the same.

Do you have a link for the bungalows you're considering please?
yep, thats them ;) is it the same place as the other one, if so the location is good.
I don't know for sure but if you look at the photo of the archway outside it's the same on both websites. Where have you seen them advertised? Which company?
let you know later, have to log off shortly.
I see that the hotel descriptions describe it as being near Pechiguera lighthouse - well the lighthouse is quite a way from the main resort and Rubicon marina so I dont know whether that will influence you in any way!!

If you have got google earth and put Pechiguera lighthouse into the search box and look at lanzarote it shows you exactly where it is.

Fatcodycat :sun2
I know this development. It was built a number of years ago but couldn't get a licence and so has lain empty up to now. Recently there has been activity which suggests it's about to open.

However, it is NOT where it says on the map, in Montana Roja. It is close to Pechiguera lighthouse, which is 3 miles from the resort centre and 4 miles from the marina. Very isolated with the nearest local amenities about 10 mins walk. Also quite exposed there.
Oh crikey, I know where you mean! Well I certainly wouldn't book a holiday there ;)

Pippy :)
oh dear, the reason i booked it was because of the location shown on the map, i have an infant as well, will have to get back to the operator for definative info. hope i can reverse the booking if its that much of a problem.
lots of nice hotels around that side though, and with an infant i could use the facilities, is this ok, to use the pools etc.
i hope taxis are still cheapish, only ten minuets away.
the actual address is....urb. montana roja sector 117.
Hi Simon

If you booked this place on the basis of the location shown on the map, then you should be entitled to a full refund of what you've paid on the basis of misrepresentation. It also says it's 2.5 km from the Papagayo beaches, which is nonsense - more like 10km. :really
thanks, will have to have a chat with the mrs, may well do something else, i usually stat at the biah rock or sun royal, thanks agian, simon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.