Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
If you do get a taxi make sure you only use the blue and white ones and that you know the price before you get in , and that it is for ALL of you as a group, not individually!! It is mad driving, they tend to drive with lights off at night which feels odd, but they seem to manage it ok!! :yikes
Wazza1 has been there (is it 3 times) so he knows what the score is in CSR and the airport. PM him and get the low down
Hi Wazza1

Have you heard of holiday taxis? What Are they like?
Hi

Is there anybody going to the CSR on 29th of July with children aged between 10 / 17 ?

Regards
PM
Hi,
I've been reading this forum for some time since i booked our holiday to the CSR, and practically every question i have thought of has already been answered. There are a couple of things i'd like to ask though if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated :D

First of all, i know there is a kids club, and that not many people on here have used it. Does anyone know what kinds of activities are run in the club, what times it is open from/until, and where/how do you register for it?

Secondly, i've read that there is a cash machine in the resort. If this is true,Does it accept switch/maestro cards and does anyone have any idea if it is just egyptian currency available from it? i know that sounds like a really stupid question, but I get paid while we're out there and our spending money is mostly going to come from the machine, and i've noticed that people seem to prefer English currency. :? Anyone any ideas?

And we are there the 2 weeks before you padraigmurphy (we fly out on the 16th), lol, we'll be coming home the day after you arrive! Tis a pity as our kids are 8, 16, and 17 too!
LisaT

There is a cash machine at the hotel which we used last year whilst we were there. It will accept Switch/Maestro. It gave us egyptian currency.

Sorry can't help out over the kids club, as mine preferred to be in the pool most of the time, where they made plenty of friends anyway.
:D Thanks Joanyy, much appreciated. :D
LisaT

They are quite happy to take any money!! Eygptian LE, English ££ (not Scottish though) USA $ or Euros.

They make a little more money themselves within the exchange system, but don't ask me to explain that :?
LisaT

Hope you enjoy your holiday. Its a pity we wont meet my kids are 10 , 12 , 15 & 17. All reviews are great so hope its good for you too. I actualy was thinking the same about the cash dispensing currency so glad you asked

Regards

PM
Hi, I havents been on the site for quite a while but I have been to the Coral Sea Resort three times since it opened, first time Aug 05 Oct 05 and the July 06 , only now have I discovered how to upload photos , I know its not that hard but I am blonde tee hee. Anyway just thought I would let you all know if you want to view some more photos, I dont know how long it takes and I have just done it today

Hope all you lucky ones who are going have a lovely time, it would be hard not to.
Hi again

Dont know what I have done but the photos have ended up in an album called upload just below war memorials , I did say I was blonde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't think you have done anything wrong, it seems all photos go into the upload before they are moved to the correct place. anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong! dumb blonde too!
They are in the upload album and will be moved into the Egypt album as if by magic!!! (or at least thats what happened to mine!) Great photos and have just made me even more excited!!! :pele
:D Brilliant pictures

I'm really looking forward in going the basket off fruit in the pictures is that in your room?

Reason I'm asking is its our anniversary while we are there and we have been offered a basket off fruit free.

It looks lovely roll on August :lol:

I'm poorly at moment been in bed 3 weeks now but looking at the pictures and reading reports each day helps me get better :D

Keep reviews and pictures going i look forward to them it brightens up my days :D
:lol: Yes the fruit and biscuits were left for us on arrival and then renewed every couple of days, we were trully really spoiled. with a card from the management to wish us a lovely stay.

Pippy let me know about the photos so I dont feel so stupid now, I have more so am going to try and do them as well.

Hope you feel better soon :lol:
Lynnedy

Did you tell them at the time of booking that it was your anniversary while you were there? It's ours while we are there too (3 days before we come home), i called the travel agent and they said they'd get back to me with what first choice said...but i never heard a thing :(

hope you have a great holiday too padraigmurphy :D , if these forums are anything to go by then I'm sure you will!
Lisa tell the hotel direct, let shaarawim know and i am sure he will help!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.