Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I've been to both islands and found Fuerteventura even windier (day and night) than Lanzarote! I haven't been there in October though.

Pippy :)
Oh dear.....
Thanks for the info.....
But what about the stylish cocktail bars of corralejo ? There must be some ?
Please dont tell me its going to be all " British bulldog arms" or "The drunken leprecaun" pubs which seem to have sprung up all over the world it now seems. Or karaoke hell pubs.......Please no, how do I cancel :que
I should add the wind didn't spoil my holiday!

As for the bars, it's a few years since I was there but to be honest it wasn't really my thing.

I'd say it was perhaps on a par with Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote, I prefer Playa Blanca. It wasn't full-on like a busy party resort in Ibiza though.

Each to their own but I prefer a quiet resort.

Hopefully someone who's been more recently will be able to give you a more accurate description/opinion.

Pippy :)
I have been to fuerteventura many times and i love it. the wind has never bothered me and we eat outdoors all the time in fuerte in october, the restaurants at the back of music square put protection up if its chilly, i am not keen on kareoke bars myself and tend to stick to restaurants of which we tend to frequent los pepes and el andaluz (birgit and manolos place facing los pepes) spanish tapas bar off music square to the left, called caracoles. go through music square to cobbled street where lovely restaurant on the left, used to be called meson eve, not sure of the name now. further down on right is a small restaurant (down cobbled street very brightmexicana type, but excellent food gambas to die for) facing harbour another excellent restaurant all lit up with fairy lights. rogues gallery on same street as los pepes and blue rock around the corner nice bars english but cool. rock bar on main street, plays live music always packed out. cocktail bar on beach with disco nice setting name escapes me. another nice setting on beach near hoplaco gardens off main street,where they do massages, and cocktails, just a chilled out setting when you come off the beach.hope this helps if you need anymore info just ask. regards Liz
Hi we went to Correlejo in October (going again this year) and we didn't have a problem with the wind. We all took cardigans/fleeces out with us but rarely used them. I guess it depends where you are, the sea front is probably a lot windier than music square.
Lou x
hy i have been to corry three times now and it can get breezy on a night time i just take my poncho with me just in case it dose get chilly if you go beside the harbour then it will be as you are directly on the beach but the resturants round their are fab .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.