Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi I am also thinking of going to fuertaventura in july. Have looked at loads of hotels and like the look of suite hotel atlantis resort. Can anyone tell me if it is far to the beach and what the beach is like. Also is the waterprk worth a visit for my 10 and 12 yearold? Have not been to the canaries before. Thanks
You may find THIS topic useful Clear Blue Skies ;) Also, hotel info HERE. For further info on either please post in the relevant topic. Thank you!

Fuerteventura hotel reviews can be found HERE and resort reports HERE.

Pippy :)
Ok,
Suite hotel atlantis has it's own private beach 2 minutes walk from the hotel. As far as both of your queries go the waterpark and Atlantis are approx 15-20 mins walk from the centre of Corrie. From waterpark it's downhill all the way and 3 euros back in a taxi, Suite hotel is flat walk in, best to go down to the beach and walk along the front and again about 3 euros back in a taxi. Waterpark is well worth a visit but can be costly as you have to pay extra for rubber rings, lockers etc when you get in. Nice apartment blocks that end of town are Oasis Papagayo, Las Marismas, Oasis Dunas aand Lobos Bahia. Papagayo is furthest out but most people don't mind the walk unless they have very young children, but still 3 euros in a taxi. :tup
Thanks for the info peacock. I am thinking of going all inclusive to the suites. Can you tell me if the private beach club serves drinks and snacks for guests? :)
Hi,
To be perfectly honest as it's a private beach I've never been on it. I know there are snack bars etc in the complex next to the pools. I'm not sure if there are any facilities on the beach. If you do a search on yahoo for atlantis suites fuerteventura they have a website. :cheers
ThePeacockRocks wrote:
If you do a search on yahoo for atlantis suites fuerteventura they have a website. :cheers

You'll also find it in one of the links I posted above ;)
Thanks Peacock and Pippy HT. Have looked on website but doesnt mention beach club. Have never been to Canaries but Fuerteventura beaches look lovely the temperatures seem nice even for July/Aug. Do you live there Peacock? And would you recommend Corralejo or any of the other resorts, we like a fairly relaxing holiday near to beach and think my kids would enjoy the waterpark. Have enjoyed holidays to Majorca and Menorca but fancy a change. Thanks for your advice, appreciate you taking time to help.
Hi Clear Blue Skies,

Yes I live here and have done for 2 years. The temperatures in July and August are nice because of the cooling breeze. The beaches are fantastic here, not that I have been for a year because we are always too busy working etc :cry
It's nothing if not relaxing here, :sun2
I'm sure you will all have a great time. Lots of people prefer Caleta de Fuste but I don't personally like it because it's a man made resort, wheras there is still a fishing village feel here around the harbour and old town. There is nothing I like more than sitting in the Rokama bar in the music square listening to the local music bands playing whilst sipping a vodka and diet coke before going to one of my favourite restaurants (see reviews above) for a nice meal. It's what life is all about
:glynis
See you when you get here
Thanks Peacock I think you have persuaded me. Sounds like a good place for our holidays. Will go to travel agent tomorrow. :cheers
anyone stayed in las mirismas in corralejo, just wondering if you can go all inclusive while you are their for a couple of days, also can you tell me what the kids clubs are like and the mini disco we are going next march.
Las Marismas reviews HERE if that's any help ;)

Pippy :D
Ive looked thanks but cant find anything about paying for the all inclusive while out their.
the private beach do not have a bar, just take a little something with your whille your down there, to get into the sea from the private beach is not to say risky with kiddies, you have to dodge your way round the rocky beach front first, but they have a free bus that takes you to flag beach every day and back. if your going fully inclusive wear your wrist band, otherwise the gearman guests will pounce on you to leave, as they are very protective and think your an outsider like they thought we was
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.