Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:wave:
We went to the water falls last yr and it was not far to walk at all you have to go over some rocky bits but i feel sure that little man would cope with them, When we got there we fed the moneys with bananas i am sure he would love that too :D

Pip
x :wave:
Yummymummy do you think your son would be interested in visiting the orphans in school..Theres quite a few about don't know where you are staying but you'll have no probs finding one..The children will love your son and he'll get to play/draw with the children he'll see how the other children from other countries go about their daily tasks at school..Just a suggestion hope it helps.

Walks - thats good to know there isnt much walking involved, and yes your right, he will love to see the monkeys, so this is a trip we are definetly going on.
Should i book with daytrippers, or should i just ask a local taxi driver?
Would we get picked up from our hotel after breakfast?

Sleep r us - yes thats an excellent idea, thankyou very much :tup , we will most definetly look into this, maybe pay Rob a visit, so we will get in touch with Rob and co at children walking tall before we go. I presume things are cheaper to buy over in Goa for the children, so i'll ask Rob what things will be more beneficial, he might even want some english bacon bringing over too :rofl .

I am really looking forward to it, but my o/h says i do too much planning for our Goa holidays :cheers
:D

Yummy mummy we asked our taxi driver to take us to the water falls so would of thought it would be cheaper that way, and you can never be to organised :tup i write everything down on here and then forget me list :rofl so then have to log on when i am out there or pick h/ters brains at the meets :rofl
the monkeys where great i loved it but then i am a big kid anyway, Mike went in the water at the falls but i din`t it looked a to a little rocky for me so you do need something on your feet i took mikes sand shoes with us so he was ok.

and yes i would get hold of Rob and ask what is needed, I would also like to vist Mango House this time.

Pip
x
We took my son to the waterfalls when he was 8 and he loved it, the water is freezing and its a bit difficult to get in and out, but the whole trip is an adventure for adults and kids. there are also some very large fish in water and if you throw bread in they jump up to get it. You might also take a boat trip along the river in Panjim in the afternoon if you havent already only costs about 50rps. You could take a trip to Fort Aquada with a picnic if you havent already
We watched a local football match, Apora V Candolim, a charity cup game, when we were there last Jan and it was fantastic :tup The team was managed by the owner of Alfresco in Apora, and we sat with a lot of locals including kids and we played bingo at half time. It was at the ground in Candolim. If you go to Alfresco in Apora, ask if there are any matches on and go along, the food is great at Alfresco as well :cheers
Thanks ever so much, i am really grateful for all this info :cheers .

I think this year i will get a little notebook and write down all the things we are planning to do, because every year i forget :rofl .

Thanks again,

p.s. if theres anything you'd like to know just ask me, as i feel i keep asking questions all the time.
I remember the croc boat trip down the Mandovi river being a great day out and you get to see some enormous crocodiles at close range. A visit to the Spice Plantation in Ponda was also good fun, especially the elephant washing. I know nothing about children but I enjoyed both!
I dont think i want to do the croc trip again, i remember going on it when i was about 12years old, we got on the boat at 10am, and got back to shore at 5pm. I got terrbile sun stroke, and wasnt well for a couple of days, even though i covered up with my dads baggy top. I get a bit sea sick also, so this is a big no from me :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.