Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, one question..

Do they sell cider in Turkey, and if so how much does it cost, and is it any good?

My husband hates drinking lager!
they do now, its a turkish brand cos we had it last year. from memory it was 5 lira but actually was quite nice, it was more of the pear cider colour only in a bottle though. unless some are doing draft wihch i doubt. i'm not mad on lager myself so was a nice change.

just need more bars to do vodka slushes then i'm sorted.
Ohh thanks for that bit of news, I will go tell a relieved hubby!
Shelley,

You an get toiletries cheap enough if you go to the bigger supermarkets, if you get the Turkish brands rather than the imported ones they will be cheaper and just as good. Bring your own sun cream though as it is much cheaper over here, especially s there are so many offers in the shops at the moment.

With only 15kg of luggage I wouldn't carry toiletries as they weigh so much.
This summer will be our 5th time in Turkey in 7 years & every year there are posts on forums warning about the big rise in prices. We've even had friends go out earlier in the season & come back & warn us, yet we never notice much of a difference! :scratch:

The prices for items barely seem to change but granted the exchange rate can make a difference. We've been out there when it was 2.6 YTL = £1 & on the other hand in 2008 it was 2.16TYL = £1.

I can't say that I've noticed the prices rising at anything above a usual annual cost of living % which you'd expect to find anywhere. If the prices have risen considerably, we'll just have to haggle harder this year. :rofl
  • Edited by SBM1970 2010-05-11 15:59:52
loreal elvive shampoo is around £4 for a large bottle as is conditioner this is based on marmaris migros prices as of last wednesday,all the other known brands are roughly around the same price can comment on other products didnt look,but i have relatives out there who have been there some time and they seem to have survived with the toiletries available
just been chatting to my friend who is in icmeler now and has gave me some prices for food and drinks.
it seems all prices have gone up way above inflation. :think

breakfast 7 lira :(
efes 5 lira :cheers
set menu 23-30 lira
he got a transfer through http://www.raintransfer.com for £24 return for the 2 of them. and had a car to themselfs :D
he is getting 2.25 lira in resort at today.
hi all does any one know the prices for eating out and also beer prices its been a while since ive been and thinking about a return .thanks :tup
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Only paid 3 lira for a full English breakfast in Florida restaurant last Sept !!steaks can now be up to 30 lira!omg,prices have gone up BIG style this year. :(
£2.20 a pint then essentially, about the same as Efes here. That is sad :(
Lira has dropped back to 2.22 to the £1. Shocking, just last week it was 2.36. Not a good sign at all for the start of the season.
I have heard that Sugar at the Buffalo bar in Icmeler is doing a B.O.G.O.F. for the season.

Efes Draught 5 Lira for two pints
Efes Bottled 6 Lira for 2 Bottles
Drinks in all bars are roundabout 5-6 Lira a pint or bottle
Efes Dark 7 Lira for 2
Cocktails 11 Lira for 2
Spirits with mixer 8 Lira for 2
Imported Drinks....11 TL FOR 2
DELUX I mported Drinks...13 TL FOR 2
HALF ROAST CHÄ°CKEN(WÄ°TH HOME MADE CHÄ°PS)...7 TL
PEPPER STEAK...18 TL
LAMB CASSOROLE 16 TL
LIVER ONION 16TL
SEA FOOD CASSEROLE 18 TL
Karaoke starts about 9-30.
This is a very friendly bar and is worth haveing a few bevvies in here before moveing on to the more expensive bars.

You can find me in here most lunchtimes and evenings,trying to stretch the pension out.
Bad news from my mate who just got back after one week in his pad, he says everywhere he went drinks was sky high, dearer than back home in blighty :que meals had gone though the roof too. steaks, chicken, the whole works dearer than here. :cry i dont know how to do a link but there is a report in one of the papers saying turkey is now the most expensive country out of all europe for booze and grub.I'm reeling, we're off there in 3 weeks and I wasn't banking on these sort of price rises.gb
Oh dear. Where is your mate's pad? I'm trying to persuade my OH to go to Turkey Spring Bank thinking it might be cheaper than the eurozones. So this is not the case :( .
Sounds awful from early reports. Exchange rate is not helping but even if we saw 2.50 again it still sounds expensive.
Does anyone know what the exchange rate is at the moment , what they giving for euro against lira and also sterling against lira, am going to gumbet in july and hoping it will be good rate
Thanks
sandra
sandra the rate in icmeler resort today is 2.20 ytl against pound
online with m&s is 2.09
hope this helps
Thanks very much for your reply, any idea of euro against lira please
thanks
sandra
Not sure if this link will work but i'll give it a go.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/templateC06.php?CID=1457

its a bit long winded but said how turkey is now one of the dearest countries in the world for booze and it went up 43% just in the last year alone. :( i had heard thru grapevine it had got real expensive this year with prices shooting up and thats on top of the price rises in the last few years. i'm well gutted. :(
pargulauvva my mate has a place not far from icmeler and he's not too pleased, he thinks he's been stung, not sure of full details yet, i'm meeting him this week and he'll fill me in. no good news this end i'm afraid. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.