Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you enter a competition to win a cruise? No? Well why would you be taken in my this?
I have always been told never to press 9 if you are ever asked, it usually costs
I can't actually understand why anyone would respond to a phone call and just hand over money. Even if you'd entered a competition, and won, why would they be asking for money?
I think part of the problem is that many people, including me, enter numerous competitions, often on-line, and it is not always possible to remember which ones. If however you have won something, rest assured you will never receive a call like this. I once got a call on my mobile when I was on holiday to tell me that I had won a prize and the lovely lady assured me she would send written confirmation to my home address and I could contact them when I got home. The letter was waiting when I got home and collection of the prize was duly arranged.
Dare we ask how much money you transferred?
This scam was a biggie a couple of years ago - I haven't had one of these types of junk calls for ages - hope it isn't the start of another round :duh
The majority of my junk calls at the mo' ,are the PPI claim firms. I have two different firms trying it on from either side of the UK, one in Swansea ,one in Kent!!
I've had several calls regarding PPI but I just give them a bit of advice and don't bother to see where they are from. It does seem that the operators are spreading further afield however as I had a 'missed call' the other day and didn't recognise the country code, 56. I looked if up and it came up as Chile. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.