Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Robert,

Looking at Google Maps, the answers are 'Yes' and 'Yes'. There's a station on the western edge of Blanes.

HB
Thanks Harry. Does the train not go to Loret De Mar then ?.
Doesn't look like it. The line goes inland to Tordera then heads north to Girona.

HB
train does not go to lloret,yet-but there are plans afoot though it may take 10+ years before that happens.there is very regular bus service from blanes to lloret that connects with the trains.
Thanks for that Jim. Do you have to go to Blanes to get a bus to Loret De Mar or can you get on it sooner, say at Santa Susana ?

Thanks

Robert
The local bus company (Pujol) runs a service from Blanes station to Lloret. Looks like it goes every 15 minutes from 7am. I'm not sure about the bus service further south - we've stayed at Pineda and they don't have a local bus service there, but you could get coaches to the water park at Lloret.

HB
for big red,
as far as i am aware -and i may be wrong, the buses from lloret only go to blanes. they do not run services to malgrat/calella etc.
the bus price is very cheap as is the cost of trhe train.
Thanks for all the info folks, shall try it out soon :wave:

Robert
and i think that the buses arrive/depart with being in time with the trains. so everyone doesn't have to wait/hang aroung that long. plus there's usually a couple of taxis about. Personally i would stick with the buses for between Llorett and Blanes train station
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.