Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Costa Teguise has more bars and more entertainment in them and the bars are far cheaper.

Playa Blanca has better restaurants and a better choice.
thanks for that robertk,
just wondering why the bars are more expensive in playa blanca is it a bit more up market. which resort do you prefer. :cheers
It would certainly be cheaper to eat and drink in Costa Teguise than Playa Blanca....and don't think just
because is cheaper its not as good. The is a good selection of bars and eatting places in Costa Teguise
you you certainly would not run out of places to try!
Playa Blanca does have some nice places, don't get me wrong but for some reason everyone seems to be
charging more!
Costa Teguise can be windy, Playa Blanca is more sheltered so perhaps warmer....

enjoy where ever you end up.
cheers
Keith
I prefer both. :think

I really like Playa Blanca, a lot. But it does lack decent bars and it's a bit pricey. To give an example it's 3 - 3.5e for a large beer in most bars. A breakfast will cost 3 - 5e. In CT you can get a large beer for 1.5e and a breakfast for 2e.

But in CT the restaurants are pretty bland with one or 2 exceptions whereas in PB most restaurants are excellent, although the ones at the Marina ae very expensive.

We're just back from CT and we had a great time but we only went there because we've been to PB for the last 4 years.

Another thing to consider is accomodation, if you're after a villa then PB is the place to go whereas in CT a cheap and cheerfull apartment is easy to find.

One thing I did like about CT is Pueblo Marinero, the town square. Lots of small bars and entertainment on most nights so it's nice to sit out and enjoy the atmosphere, there's nothing like it in PB.

If I could get a decent villa with a private pool in CT I'd be back there next year.
There are some Robert, but they may take a bit of digging out....I have never looked for the websites
with them listed so cannot suggest where to start looking....

I certainly agree with what you are saying about the square in Costa Teguise, very nice.

cheers
Keith
thanks for all the advice i think i'm being swayed towards costa teguise. will it be quiet in march or lively :cheers
Costa Teguise is more popular than Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca is more expensive, better beach, nicer town, better restaurants, better weather. Take your pick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.