Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Not knowing what you want to do when here does not help, certainly the apartments in Costa Teguise have been mentioned a few time to me as very good, I cannot really comment on Sun park.
You would fine it cheaper eatting out in Costa Teguise than Playa Blanca, but you would find the wind more noticeable in Costa Teguise than Playa Blanca. If I was AI/full board I would still want to go out and try a few different places if only for a change. (Plenty to try in CT)
Its a difficult choice, not least because if you don't enjoy it a 100% you will always wish you had taken the other one!

cheers
Keith
Cheers Keith,
i'll be honest after doing the all inc in Feurt earlier this year im leaning more to the apartments in ct on a self catering basis, as for things to do well ill be happy round the pool of a day and venturing out of an evening.
I did find on the all inc, that with regards to breakfast we only bothered once in 7 days to try it, i think lunch was because you adopt the attitude " oh well we've paid for it" and then of an evening same thing so you dont really get a feel for the resort.
Are you in ct Keith? can you give me some sort of indications of prices for drinks, just regular lager for me and the odd vodka mixer... of course the daughter will be on soft drinks, is there much to do in ct?
Friends and family seem to say "well for an extra £230, i'd go all inc if only for the drinks and snacks round the pool" but then obviously if you go out of an evening; a big if, as you adopt the attitude i spoke of earlier. Also i believe that if you do go out eating its a lot cheaper in costa teguise than playa blanca, drink situation same also...
cheers......Rob
There are too many good restaurants in Playa Blanca to go AI. You would be missing out on so much IMO.
That said, I know a young couple that stayed at the Sun Park last September (he is a chef) and they said the food was very good. I don't know if things are still the same though.
Hi Rob
We live in Matagorda (by the airport)
Well for a large beer in CT 1.50-2.00 most places, mixers and soft drinks also cheap but don't have a price to hand.
I know the beer prices, as when you walk around most bars are pushing their beer prices!
If you want a holiday sitting by the hotel pool and never leaving the complex then I guess AI is a good option,
but if you want to go out are you going to feel you have already paid for tonights meal when you are sitting
in a bar and paying again! Where ever you end up, consider getting a car for a day or two and having a drive
around Lanzarote exploring. Visit CT or PB and then if you ever return your know if you want the same area to
try a different one. Plus Visit Puerto del Carman.......

anything else just ask

cheers
Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.