Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
we have 2 reviews on this one not a lot of info but good scorers

wizard
Sorry I've got no info on the hotel but I'm sure there'll be plenty of choice for vegetarians. The Greeks are big on "vegetable dishes" and eventhough I'm not a vegetarian I've eaten countless meals of this type in Greece. Mouthwatering! Don't think you'll have worries foodwise.
We stayed a little further along the beach a few years ago. Not actually at the Golden Beach, but for what it's worth there was what sounded like typical holiday entertainment going on most nights when we walked past.

If we ever return to AGN this Kostas Golden Beach is where I would stay. It's more central than the Alkion Beach we went to.

The hotel is right on the seafront. Agios Georgios North is a fairly sheltered bay - so the sea shouldn't be relly rough, when we were there it wasn't very warm but was flat calm apart from when a storm brewed up.

Re: food - apart from your hotel there was an excellent fish taverna - Benny's - just a ten minute walk along the waterfront to the left of the town. Good for lunch or evening meals - though a bit dark walking home.

Plenty of watersports on the beach - and a lovely walk up the hills either side of the town, again particularly to the left among the olive groves, if you have a cooler day.

AGN itself is fairly quiet though there are a few bar/discos about. Also look fo rthe little stream that runs in at the southern end of town. When we went this petered out in a small pool on the beach - but I suspect when the winter rain comes it breaks through to make an outlet to the sea. I say this because the pool was teeming with mullet, a sea/brackish water fish. More fun though - there were bullfrogs singing at night, and loads of terrapins in the pool. Throw in a piece of bread and watch them come for it.

If we ever return to AGN this Kostas Golden Beach is where I would stay. It's more central than the Alkion Beach we went to.
http://www.san-stefano.gr/
Might have some information on this website?
The food is very good at Costas Golden Beach hotel. I am sure they would cater for vegetarians to some degree but why not drop them an email address: cgbhotel@otenet.gr.

I have only heard good reports about the hotel.

As for Agios Georgios it is safe resort with a superb sandy beach (Blue Flag) and lovely scenery. It has the advantage of no main roads to cross or busy traffic to look out for in order to get on to the beach. The sea is usually really calm but like in most places in the afternoon a sea breeze can get up making the sea a bit choppy.

The resort is quiet and laid back but there are plenty of friendly tavernas and restaurants. For loads of photos, including the beach, and information visit http://www.agiosgeorgios.info

My son thoroughly enjoyed himself when he was about 12 but it depends on what your son likes doing. There is not much entertainment for young teenagers but there is a nice modern small bowling alley just round the corner from the hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.