Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Ruth,

I have only started going to Icmeler for holidays over the last 2 years, and I have found Holiday Truths and Icmeler online a valuable source of information on places to visit, trips, tips etc.

Have a look at the following site for DIY.

http://www.icmeleronline.com/

there is also a forum where you can ask for more information

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum
Hi Ruth
If you go on Icmeleronline Forum, and scroll down to a topic headed,
"Around Icmeler Map"
You should find everything you require on there, in regard to the town of Icmeler, nearly every place that you could want is listed and flaged on the map, it will be self explanitary when you go on there.

The kind guy who posted this for us is,Paul, if what you want is not on there, a quick word with him and I feel sure he will flag it for you.
Regards
Peli
This is a great map of Hisaronu as you can see where the hotels/bars/restaurants are:

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.5733927&lon=29.1360801&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

For one with road names try this one:

http://www.hisaronu.co.uk/map.html
If you go on the I love Icmeler web site they have some really good maps on there, ie chemists, hospitals, hotels, restaurants, dolmus stops, laundrettes, ATMS Turkish Baths etc. Even though i love the icr site I found that the I love Icmeler maps have more details, if you click on the hotel or chemist etc you are looking for it will provide a link to their website :)
Have to agree there, Jan at the I Love Icmeler site has done a fantastic job on the maps :) They are really helpfull and informative esp for newbies to Icmeler :tup
Hi there,

thank you for all your replies. I was thinking maybe of towns to visit in the surrounding areas. I read a post by elle-meg and Akyaka (sp)?? sounded like a good place to visit but did not know of the distance as I had never seen a map.

Does anybody know of town that are close to Icmeler where we could visit?

Thank you
Ruth
You can get a dolmus from Marmaris to Akyaka. There are only one or two a day that go right into Akyaka, you could probably find out the times from the bus station in Marmaris. You could maybe get a taxi one way if the dolmus times didn't suit - it's about 30 - 40 mins away. There are also longer distance buses from the bus station in Marmaris but you may not want to do that with a 3 year old.
Also take the water taxi to Turunc -which takes about 25 - 30 mins from Icmeler, and your 3 year old will probably love it.
We have always found it very easy to travel around in Turkey.
ruth

here is a map http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/turkuaz-info.html, it gives you an idea where akyaka is, if you have visited this area before then from marmaris its easy to find, its straight down the dalaman road to the end where lights are and over the lights next to some shops down a little road, this is a short cut ,or at lights turn left about 1/2 mile and left again down a long hill. akyakas beach is more suitable for little children as its shallow for ages, most of the time calm and no nipping fish that icmeler has grrr.

like i told you in another thread its 20 miles from marmaris and theres 2 buses from akyaka to marmaris a day 10 am and 6pm
Thank you for that. Ellie are there any other places that you would recommend to go whilst we are there. It think we will defo go to Turunc for a day and Akyaka. Just wondered if there are any other destinations that are not too far away that are worth a visit.

I am not wishing our lives away but I just cannot wait!

Ruth
ive been to turunc too and its nice but for scenery and beach akyaka is definitely better. theres a cute little beach near the orange restaurant which is along the road from marmaris to the furthest away marina about 4 miles which is nice. depends how far you want to travel, bozborun and silemia (sp) are both gorgeous little places past icmeler but about 1 hr away in a car . theres a day trip to rhodes that takes about 40 mins on hydrofoil thats a great day out. a fab restaurant called cinar again on the dalaman road but only about 8 miles outside of marmaris but has little ponds and stream running through it, lots of ducks for the kids to feed, and lovely food and reasonable prices, we took my friends last week and they loved it.

scroll down to cinar restaurant, you can see the old ladies making traditional village bread too

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/cinar/index.htm
Thank you for all the information it is great. I remember when I went to Icmeler a Turkish friend took us to a place he called 'the turkish house'. Have you heard of this and do you know if it is still there? When we went there it was not really a tourist place and played traditional Turkish music, dancing etc. It was great. If this is still there I would love to go back.

Ruth
sorry ruth cant help you there not heard of that 1. my mother lives in turkey so i get to see all these lovely places when we go to visit her, every time we go shes found another cute place. you must visit akyaka its so so beautiful
No problem - I will ask my parents friends when we get there I am sure they will remember. It may be closed now though.

We will be giving Akyaka a go for definate. I am trying to get my parents to hop over with me to split a taxi cost, mmmm ;) If you get the Dolmus there would it be from Icmeler or would we need to go into Marmaris? Also you said there was about a 20 min walk after you get off the Dolmus in Akyaka. Can you get a taxi from that bus stop down to the beach? I am not sure how it will pan out with my daughter and the weather in August, maybe too hot to walk at the times the dolmus is. Just a thought.

Thank you for all you replies and help, much appreciated.

ruth
The owner of one of the Hotels we stayed in at Marmaris took us out for dinner one evening. It was about a 20 minute drive out of Marmaris, as if heading towards the Airport road.

It was a beautiful place with streams, ducks, lots of flowers and trees. We ate beautiful Turkish mezes followed by Roast Lamb cooked in a clay oven. I would love to know where that was, as it would be lovely to return there.

I must try and get in touch with this guy and find out directions and the name of the place, and I will let you know.
HI turkeyconvert, it sounds like the place that ellemeg was talking about. I am sure that when we get there we will explore every nuck and cranny and find some very intresting places to go. Hopefully my parents friends will show us some traditional places to eat, visit.

:really I am sure elle can respond to the place you are talking about.

Ruth
turkeyconvert the restaurant you are referring to is cinar, the turning to cinar is not far past the the big garage and textile shop on the dalaman rd onb the left, its a small rd you go along there for 3 miles ish and you will come to it, we go there a lot great place

i think some dolmuses from marmaris do take you into akyaka but im sure its the mugla ones that drop you off outside, you would need to ask, we got a taxi and paid 40 lira so you could always get a taxi there and dolmus back last 1 leaves akyaka at 6pm and is only 4 mins walk from the beach and riverside
Thanks Ellie-Meg, thats great.

It really was a beautiful place to eat and the food was totally scrumptious.
When you stay at Akyaka which airport do you fly to? Would it be Dalaman or Milas? If we like may consider booking for a week in school half term the following year. Depending on prices of flights of course and who is still in business!!

ruth
Ruth the Turkish House has been demolished.
The little train used to turn round here,also this is no more.
We have spent many an happy hour at the Turkish House but sadly this is all in the past.

Gene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.