Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
5 months will fly by,we go week before you,there is 12 of us,the owner has arranged a minibus for us so only works out just over £8 each return.When we go to Icmeler in Sept it will be just the 2 of us,heaven!! so it will be nice to explore on our own.Steve,how much is a taxi back to the Kurt apts from the canal,before and after midnight,dont think I fancy the walk back in the dark.
I dont think the price changes at night think it's the same day or night. Only got a taxi a couple of times, I think it was about 6-7 lira.

Steve
Thanks Steve,We visited Icmeler a couple of evenings last year from Marmaris and I ruined a pair of stillettos on them cobbled streets!so maybe get a taxi back some evenings.Bye the way,we will go and see Bella Berserk on your recommendation this year.
You'll enjoy Bella. I was panicing because ever since we started going to Icmeler we always went to Marmaris to see bella every other night more or less as he has a different show for each night of the week. So just became part of our hoiday, and he wasnt going to be there this year and we thought what are we going to do for 2 weeks. Anyway he is going to be back now so I can breathe a big sigh of relief.

Steve
hi salford steve i looked website that is cheap but the shuttle bus takes 2 hours im going icmeler in april family 4 taxi return £90 private taxi no other people .i hadbad experience years ago when we travelled with other holiday makers 3 of party luggage never turned up we had to wait an hour extra at airport till they sorted it out,so we only book private taxi.
it does say that you could have a one hour wait if you get a shuttle.
We waited 20 minutes, once on the bus there was only 2 other couples we were last off and at our apartments in 1 hour 15. All shuttle operators will wait untill the bus is full, Would be no point pulling away with only your party on as that would make it a private transfer, which would cost alot more. it is better than most as they only use 14 seater mini-buses, some of them use coaches therefore you'd have to wait till it was filled up. I really couldnt fault them, and they also text you the day before you are due to go home and tell you what time you will be picked up, and they were dead on time. For the price I was pleasantly suprised.

Steve
hi salford steve i looked website that is cheap but the shuttle bus takes 2 hours im going icmeler in april family 4 taxi return £90 private taxi no other people .i hadbad experience years ago when we travelled with other holiday makers 3 of party luggage never turned up we had to wait an hour extra at airport till they sorted it out,so we only book private taxi.

A taxi is feasable when there are 4 of you, but as there is only me and my partner £90 is alot to pay when we can get away with paying £30. If there were more of us we would also get a taxi.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.