Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We went to the Royal Catalonia lasy year which is Adult only, but again not near a town so you are totally hotel based. We are going back to The Royal in Cancun in Mexico this year which is adult only and within walking distance of shops and bards. Out of the (2) I would recommend Cancun
We have just returned from the El Dorado Seaside Suites in Puerto Aventuros in Mexico. Hotel is adult only .... all restaurants are a la carte with no buffets, 24 hour room service and located on the beach (20 mins from Playa Del Carmen) consisting mainly Honeymooners, couples celebrating Anniveraries. Would have no hesitation in recommending and are actually thinking of returning again next year.
Pat, we went to this Hotel (3) years ago, absolutely fab but in the middle of no where, plus I got bitten to pieces from mozzies, same in Dominican republic.
Hi Maz,

Yep, the EDSS was quite remote, although a lot of the hotels in that area seemed to be the same. As much as we loved the hotel we found the pools a bit on the small side and the beach not great. Have been pricing up their other hotels for next year but they seem to be coming up a lt more expensive at the moment.

The mozzies normally have a field day with me nomatter where we go, and i go armed with eery repellent under the sun, but I never had one mozzie bite :)
...... forgot to ask Maz, what hotel did you stay at when you visited the Dom Rep and was it Adult only? How would you cmpare your hotel there with the EDSS? Spoke to a few guest when at the EDSS and they seemed to favour the Dom Rep over Mexico, but I'm not convinced.
Excellence Riviera Cancun, Mexico, is, as it says, an excellent adults only hotel, we stayed there last year and could not fault it in any way, might be worth you having a look at this, any questions, just let me know :). This year we've booked the Catalonia Royal Bavaro in the Dominican Republic, I see Maz has been there - any comments, tips etc for me Maz re rooms, restaurants, beach, things to do etc, would be much appreciated:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.