Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Moved to flights and airports forum for a greater audience.

Mark :)
Marlou,

There Is A Harvester ("The Elms") 0.8 miles away in the direction of Coventry - Driving Directions Here

There Is Also A Sizzling Restraunt ("The Vale") 0.8 miles away - Driving Directions Here

For Driving Directions You Will Need To Enter The Postcode Of The Hotel Which Is CV5 9PH

Hope This Is Helpful To You

Gower
Thanks for that Gower. I'll probably book it this evening :wave:
It isn't an especially pretty hotel - but convenient for the airport as literally straight up the A45.

It's bang opposite (if you don't mind dicing with the A45) a hotel called The Village - which has par 3 golf course, pool etc, not sure if you may be able to get daypass for their facilities if arriving early. Certainly can play golf as a "visitor". Last time I ate there had a surprisingly good meal but is is a while ago now.

Just off the A45 towards the airport is Meriden (previously the geographical centre of England pre erosion, has a monument to that effect and a duckpond!) . Meriden has a great pub - the Bulls Head (an Innkeepers lodge hotel if you haven't already checked the rates) which has a good restaurant - a bit more than usual pub prices, but upmarket pub food in return. A little further afield (poss around 5 miles from Coventry Hill) is Berkswell (Norman church, thatched houses) which has The Bear - Chef and Brewer - Fab food!! If you want to pm me for directions feel free!
Thanks for that TAH-M but I was looking for something more in walking distance. We wont be getting there until late afternoon/early evening so we won't want to drive anywhere after the travelling to get there. Cheers again. :)
Hi Marlou ... you may find some additional hotel and parking recommendations in our Birmingham Airport Q&As topic.

David :wave
Thanks for the replies guys. I've booked it and will report back on my return. :D
Best bet on foot will be Allesley Village - (see The Elms mentioned in previous post, just under a mile away) or it will be the Windmill village opposite. Your hotel is out of town immediately adjacent dual carriageway (A45) so can't think of anything else within walking distance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.