UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
:offtop OK I have to ask, just how many times have you actually seen the mighty MUSE perform live :D
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
:offtop OK I have to ask, just how many times have you actually seen the mighty MUSE perform live :D

Oh gosh, now THERE'S a question! :think :que
Starting with the most recent, the last four of which are yet to take place but I have standing tickets for them (I've done barrier for just about all the gigs listed).

Amsterdam ArenA, 4th June 2013

Emirates Stadium, London, 26th May 2013

Emirates Stadium, London, 25th May 2013

Ricoh Stadium, Coventry,
22nd May 2013

Atlas Arena, Łódź, Poland, 23rd November 2012

Olympiahalle, Munich, 12th November 2012

O2 Arena,London, 27th October 2012

O2 Arena, London, 26th October 2012

The Roundhouse, Camden, iTunes Festival, 30th September 2012

Reading Festival 2011

Wembley Stadium, 11th September 2010

Wembley Stadium, 10th September 2010

LCCC, Manchester, 4th September 2010

Oxegen Festival, Ireland, 10th July 2010

Stade de France, Paris, 12th June 2010

Stade de France, Paris, 11th June 2010

Stade de Suisse, Bern, Switzerland, 2nd June 2010

O2 Arena, London, 12th November 2009

O2 Arena, Dublin, 6th November 2009

The Den, Teignmouth, Devon, 5th
September 2009

V Festival, Chelmsford, 16th August 2008

Marlay Park, Dublin, 13th August 2008

Royal Albert Hall, 12th April 2008

Wembley Stadium, 16th June 2007

Wembley Arena, 21st November 2006

Wembley Arena, 22nd November 2006

Earls Court,19th December 2004

Brighton Centre, 4th Dec 2003

So, after the Amsterdam gig that'll be twenty-eight Muse gigs since 2003 :rofl
It's right next to a retail park. There is definitely a Pizza Hut and an Asda with a cafe. I think there is a pub there too.You literally come out and you are on the retail park,two minutes if that.
minione wrote:
It's right next to a retail park. There is definitely a Pizza Hut and an Asda with a cafe. I think there is a pub there too.You literally come out and you are on the retail park,two minutes if that.

That's just what I was hoping for, thank you! :tup
Hi Pippy, It's where my team plays ! I used to live just a 10 min walk from there but that was before it was built ! I've only been up there a few times in recent years but they have the usual catering in the concourse areas inside the arena , but as usual expensive and not great quality . There would burger vans just outside the arena , and there is a retail park very near which has a mega tesco and there is a Pizza Hut and Burger King , the black horse pub is just down the road .
It is situated just of the m6 jct 2 and is nowhere near the city centre . The views inside are pretty good and the acoustics inside are very good for a football ground especially if it is very full (which sadly from the football point of view doesn't happen now ) I think for a large arena you will get a great atmosphere , IMO I bet it will be better atmosphere/noise wise than when you go to the emirates even though that stadium holds more .
Make sure you wear something sky blue and the locals will treat you well ;) :rofl
Cheers, Andy! Yeah, not too fussed about facilities inside, more what's available food/toilet-wise for our all-day queueing for barrier outside (yes, we're totally obsessed!)!

I know what you mean about atmosphere, bigger/more modern does not necessarily mean better. Can't wait for this one as it's the first gig of the stadium tour (arena tour still ongoing at the moment) :D

A load of us have booked rooms at the Days Inn, Corley http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/days-inn-corley-nec-m6.en-gb.html?sid=7be333d02e575b10e00709099428c433;dcid=1

Gets great reviews and only costs £72 for the two nights (21st to 23rd of May), and most of us will be sharing with one or two others which will make it ever so cheap! :tup
Now I need to post a new thread to ask the same again about the Emirates Stadium! ;)
Hi Pippy , I've stayed at days inn but it was the one at Bermuda park , Nuneaton which is now been taken over by holiday inn express , coincidentally they are both the same distance from the Ricoh , which is at jct 3 , I said jct 2 earlier ( that's where I get off when visiting) !!! The hotel was fine , can't really fault it especially at that price .
Sorry, Andy! Only just seen your last reply! :tup

Okay, now need taxi company recommendations if anyone has any, please! So far, there are about thirteen of us staying at Days Inn, Corley, and we will all be getting taxis to/from the Ricoh. Ideally, a taxi company offering mini buses would be the better option but we could go in smaller groups.
Can anyone offer any recommendations for the above, please? :)
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

Just realised you can now add three more to the list I posted after your question! :rofl

I saw them at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in February and will be seeing them twice at the Stade de France in June! :D

So, thirty-three will be my total Muse gig count since 2003 :really
Try 02476555555, or 02476666666. not sure about minibusses but if you call them beforehand you should be able to find out.
Rachels79 wrote:
Try 02476555555, or 02476666666. not sure about minibusses but if you call them beforehand you should be able to find out.

Many thanks! :tup

Is this a company you have used and found to be reliable? :)
Yes, not for a while but whenever I had to get a taxi it was one of these 2 and never had a problem. Famous last words! :-)
Rachels79 wrote:
Yes, not for a while but whenever I had to get a taxi it was one of these 2 and never had a problem. Famous last words! :-)

Ha ha! No blame shall be apportioned if they let us down, just happy to have a recommendation! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.