Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
cricket
8 Posts
No,

But I was there for the India v England group game and it was fantastic. We were in Maggies in Holiday Street and for the last over everyone was crowded round the TV.

Can only imagine last night would have been even more intense.

Papa
There would be no feeling like being at the England / Ireland Match in Banglore where history was made when Ireland won I feel so proud to have been there ...I even was on the TV we done an interview for Indian Tv :tup ...Bet there were some fireworks going off on the beach last night when India won it would have been nice to see that ...colleen
Be even better tomorrow if they win
Wish I was there for it - come on India!!!!
Wish I was there for it - come on India!!!!

Me too for all the lads at Glens corner and Maggies. It really is fantastic to see a sport bring such joy to people.

Good luck to anyone waiting for quick service tomorrow.

Papa
Hi all... :wave:
we were in Kovalam when England played India....
After the morning around the hotel pool...we had lunch and went for a walk along the beach front...saw a sign at "Beatles Bar" advertising they were showing the cricket...
asked the wife if she wanted to have a couple of drinks and watch an hour of the cricket, to which she replied "that would be nice for a change"...
Well, the game started at 2.30, the same time our Kingfishers started.
India were batting....after 3 large Kingfishers we decided to stay alittle longer as the cricket was very entertaining...the wickets went down all afternoon as did the Kingfishers..
By the time England had 3 overs left, and no chance of winning (10.15..) we decided to leave...
As you may be able to work out, after 8 hours drinking ice cold Kingfishers.... my legs and speach were not working how they should do....
Somehow managed to get back to our hotel....only to see the last 2 balls and England grabbing a draw from the jaws of a defeat....
Moral of the story....never leave a game before its over...and dont drink Kingfishers for 8 hours... :cheers
INDIA INDIA cricket world champions 2011,fireworks going off for miles around cheering in the streets time to party,its beer o,clock,INDIA INDIA :tup :clap :clap :clap :clap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.