Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I don't want to disappoint you, but if you're looking into going to Barbados to watch the cricket, you are most likely going to end up sleeping on the beach :yikes
Despite the astronomical flight and accommodation prices, all appears to be near to fully booked.

Remember also, that the Bajans are cricket mad and were you to find suitable accommodation, you're going to find it a job and a half getting tickets to the match.

Mark :D
No No No sorry. We are NOT cricket fans, so we won't want tickets.

All I want to know is if we wil be able to get accommodation and flights ok? I have looked at a few options and it seems that we will, but are you saying the island will be over-run with fans though?? :cry:
Yes it is going to be extremely busy when the cricket is on in Barbados - especially when a match is being played on the island.

Expect increased prices for your hotel, car rental etc. Demand is going to outstrip supply. Book everything well in advance if you're planning to stay on the island during this period of time.

Mark :D
Thanks Mark. I have got a hotel booking ok for the fortnight from 12/3 - just to book the flights now. :D There seem to be plenty at the moment but I take your point and will not hang about.

I have seen on TA that, from the beginning of April things will be really busy so I am hoping that going that bit earlier we will be ok. I know it will probably not be ideal for our first visit to the island but it will be lively I suppose, and buzzing!!

Thanks for your help and for your website. I shall try again to join the forum - had a problem the other day!! :oops:
It's not overbooked right now, the Barbados Cricket Association is actually having some slow sales, but expect them to pick up just before the whole finale starts..
The busiest time in Barbados will be from the 11th april when the super 8 series starts. This continues until the 21st and then the next match in Barbados will be the final on th 28th april.

There are some warm up games in Barbados (not at the new kensington oval but at the the 3 W's oval) scheduled for the 5th to 9th march featuring teams from Sri Lanka, Bangldesh, New Zealand and Scotland and it will probably be busy at that time as well but not as busy as April.

If you are going in the middle of march you should be able to get flights and accommodation.

We are going for the first 3 weeks in March and had no problem booikng flights and accommodation (we booked in July and I note that the same deal now is approx £900 dearer) We aslo applied for and received tickets for some of the warm up games
Tom Cat123

Thanks

Yes I agree, the flights we booked for 10/3 with Virgin was easy to do. When I looked at the seating plan there were still quite a few seats left (2 weeks ago) so I take it March will not be so busy.

Have a brilliant time!!! 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.