Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
wes stayed near Trogir a couple of years ago - that was very nice

kev
Rovinj is beautiful but does not have sandy beaches, only rocky platforms.
WE went to Punta Verudela in Pula and found it to be ideal for a family holiday. No sand on the beach and the three pools were saltwater but there was a lot to do. It was only ten mins on the bus to Pula and it was relatively cheap. WE ate out all the time.Globespan do flights and accomodation.
I have visited the Istrian peninsula (Rovinj/Porec and Rieka) also the Dubrovnik area (inc Cavtat). Do not go to Croatia for sandy beaches. There may be some but I reckon they are few and far between; however there are lots of 'concrete' beaches, and rocky platforms. The sea is very clean and a beautiful turquoise, plus there's a lot to see and do on land! A very worthwhile destination with friendly people, and an unpronounceable language!
Alsacienne wrote:
Do not go to Croatia for sandy beaches.

I also wanted to say that. You can forget about sandy beaches in Croatia. Only boulder beaches and rocky platforms. Porec is a very nice town for a family vacation, there are villas and apartments in woods near the beach, very beautiful. , also Duga uvala is ok, Trogir, Vodice,...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.