Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Current Prices
7 Posts
...and to answer 2. there were many places last week in Protaras offering around 1.10 without commision. Best I saw on the strip was 1.115
Just returned from Paphos and I have to say, albeit bearing in mind the poor exchange rate over previous years, that the prices are in the main higher than here in the UK.

We found it expensive and as ever your best bet is the supermarkets where again it pays to shop around.

Ironically after selecting the 3 course set meal at Caballeros/Oasen Restaurant on the seafront in Paphos on the first night and having received a narrow bottomed 'pint' (it clearly wasn't a pint) I looked closely to see the price. At 1.50 euros it was the cheapest we found. Pity they had to stripe us up on garlic bread, at 4.80 euros, a small bowl of mixed salad, lettuce, cucumber and tomato at 6 euros, half bowls of soup, miniscule portions, Diane sauce doubling up as pepper sauce, having had some peppercorns thrown in :que and apple pie that turned out to be a 5cm square of sponge cake.

Literally our first taste of Cyprus was tainted by this unfortunate visit. Avoid this restaurant like the plague.
"Seafront in Paphos" = tourist area = rip off 99% of the time.

Get away from the tourist areas if you can.
We had two 'sandwiches' (halloumi & lountza) plus two bitter lemon drinks for €10.80 in Oroklini village... but equivalent CYP price was 6... not bad when GBP/CYP rate was as it was. Add in today's GBP/EUR rate and it's the pits.

Double exchange rate whammy.

Marion
Oh... and local taverna charged us €2.50 for 1l bottle of water... outrageous... we can buy 6*1.5l bottles for under €2 in the big supermarkets.

Marion

ps got 1.09 exchange rate in Protaras on Wednesday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.