Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
cate_taylor,

You won't have a problem with those items. I normally take cameras (d-SLR and underwater video) at least 15x the value quoted and it's never been questioned. You won't have a problem with a bible either.

Darren
I thought that list only related to new goods bought duty free at the airport not goods you have brought from home. Am I mistaken?
As far as I am aware the list only relates to items bought whilst on holiday, not personal items taken over with you. You will have no problem taking a bible.
Thinking about getting an e reader, first plan was to get the Kindle from amazon but have read somewhere else on herte that you can't put books from other stores on it.

If I buy an e reader in Dixons tax free at Gatwick Airprot on the way out, will I have any problems at customs in Turkey?
cate_taylor,

In a word, no. There's no problem taking an e-reader in to or out of Turkey.

Darren
I know the e reader itself won't be a problem but thinking taking it in unused if bought in Dixons Tax Free at Gatwick airport might be a problem?
cate_taylor,

It won't be a problem!

Darren
Thanks Darren, was thinking that it wouldn't be a problem as the E reader will be well within the E255 limit on electronic goods that I've seen. The one thing I will say is that I wish the sites that mention the limit would re word it to make it clear that it doesn't apply to things holiday makers are taking on holidays with them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.