Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Awsome! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
so is it ok to take food stuffs into the country eg bacon cheese pringles crisps brekfast cereal etc.we have been doing this for years but never thought i might be breaking the law
nuttynet,

If it's for your own consumption, cereals, pringles etc, it's fine. Meat and dairy products you shouldn't be though.

Darren
Technically, you're not supposed to take meat or dairy products into Turkey - although loads of people do.

Jak xx
Well you are actually breaking the law if you take bacon across, although I don't know anyone who has been stopped.
i know naughty but on a strict diet so last year I took tins tuna (its expensive there!!), some extra light cheese triangles and ryvitas! they got through ok!

x
Actually I know people who have been taking bacon in for
years,not for themselves,but for hotel owners who like the
bacon from U/K.
bacon in my suitcase now all packed up for my turkish friends restaurant!! we do every year x
Ive started to wonder this year what state the bacon and sausage must be in at some of the restaurants whose British friends have brought out for them :think
All bacon brought by me was fine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.