Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cyprusjunkie
I see why you are slagging off Britannia. Sorry my freind Cyprus Airlines are 3rd class when you are talking sheduled airlines,Try Qatar Airways 5*, Cathay Pacific 5*. They put Cyprus Airlines to shame as you would know if you have travelled WORLD WIDE.
hi i have combined your post with the cyprus airways/eurocypri thread if you read the post above you will find some information

wizard
CYPRUS AIRWAYS GROUP LOOK SET TO CLOSE IN NOVEMBER

see todays Cyprus mail for full details

wizard
todays latest

after meetings this week between CA the government and unions no conclusive agreements on re structuring have been made....CA say they don't have enough money to pay November wages, government have refused further loans

see todays Cyprus mail for further details

wizard
Hi everyone,

Im flying to Larnaca form Heathrow on saturday.

Does anyone know what Cyprus airways are like and what are the best seats on there A330???
Shirly h,

ECA use modern Boeing 737-800's. For more infomation about them, visit their website.

Darren
thanks Darren. How many seats do the 737-800's have and in what configuration please?
shirley h,

The 738 is a narrow bodied aircraft configured 3-3 with 30" seat pitch and 189 seats. A seating plan is available here.

Darren
thanks for the info darren
Anyone flown recently with them? flying Belfast to Larnaca in just over 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Hello

We are flying from Heathrow to Paphos with Cyprus Airways in August. My daughter needs to bring her wheelchair, and we phoned Cyprus Airways last week to organise this. They said that we would have to check her wheelchair in when we arrive at the airport, and she would be pushed around the airport by a member of staff. We didn't think it would be a problem leaving the wheelchair at the gate, as we've done this before and my daughter does need her wheelchair as she has very limited mobility. We are not keen on what Cyprus Airways suggest because this type of arrangement happened before with another airline and she was confined to a departure lounge seat for two hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions, can Cyprus Airways enforce this or should we be able to take her wheelchair to the gate? She will be able to walk on the plane ok.

Many thanks
under current regulations [in the UK] the airline has the final say weather or not they accept disabled passengers, there have been several post in recent months in the CYPRUS mail where they have refused to carry or set what you may consider harsh conditions
this is due to change next year in the UK when the airports will become responsible from door [entry of airport] to door [of aircraft] for disabled access, at the moment they are only responsible to the loading gate,. this however will not have any bearing on airports outside the UK or the airlines ability to refuse carriage of the disabled

wizard
Thanks for this. I was aware that there are new disabled rights being enforced this weekend for London airports, hopefully this will help. I'm still not sure whether we can request to take her wheelchair to the gate, rather than having to check it in? Thank you
Hi There

Has anyone every flown business class cyprus airways.

Were thinking of it as a treat this summer and was wondering exactly what the difference between that and economy really is. Don't want to book it if there is not much difference.

THanks
Hi CYPRUS3 .. the Cyprus Airways website says that the airline may provide wheelchair services, or may arrange for the use of your own wheelchair:

http://www.cyprusairways.com/main/default.aspx?it=1&tabid=53&itemid=206

Perhaps it varies at individual airports, as some may have restrictions on wheelchair pushers working with anything other than their employer's own equipment. All you can do is ask, and hope for the best.

David :wave
polar,

Business class details are given on Cyprus Airways website. You are essentially paying for increased seat pitch and width, greater luggage allowance, priority services, better meals, lounge access and a few other extras.

Darren
Darren
Thanks for that pitch means not a lot to me would you be able to tell me if there is a huge difference in space?
polar,

Seat pitch is the measurement of the amount of space between one seat and the next. the greater the number, the more room you'll have. Seat pitch in economy is 30" and 38" in business class on the A319/20's. That's actually the same seat pitch as was offered on BA's Concorde services and is quite roomy. Seat pitches are larger on the A330's in business.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.