Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cyprus airways
59 Posts
post merged into the Cyprus airways thread

previous pages contain a fair bi t of information

wizard
majorcagirl,

CY0363 are operated by an http://cyprusair.com/849,0,0,0,2-Airbus-A320.aspx" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">Airbus A320-200. You'll find a seating plan on CY's website. Seating is personal preference. Seats over the wing area are around rows 8-17.

Darren
This is our first time with Cyprus airways. We are flying from stansted. Our letter from the tour operator tells us to go to the Cyprus airways desk to check our details before going to check in. Any idea anyone where their desk is in the airport? I know where the general info. desk is but can't recall seeing a Cyprus airways desk.Silly question I know but I'm getting stir crazy. We fly on the 19th.
many thanks :tup :cheers
Cyprus Airways are looked after by Servis Air at Stansted. I wouldnt worry you will see the sign as they are the agents for a lot of the airlines there. The check in desks are normally at the furthest corner of the airport. Good luck with your flight we flew Cyprus Airways end of July out of Stansted and were delayed for 45 hours. Were put up in a nearby hotel. Have fun in Cyprus, fantastic country. :wave:
I've been away so only just seen your reply wellergirl.Thanks for the info regards the desk. What a dreadful delay. What was the reason? Hope nothing like that happens to us, OH will want to go home as we only live 20mins. away :sun2 :cheers
There was major strikes in Greece at the time and as we were flying Cyprus Airways they could not fly over Turkish airspace. All the other flights to Cyprus left with slight delays. We also live very close to Stansted but we were told we had to stay at the hotel as they wanted to keep everyone together in case a flight could be scheduled.
Hope you have a wonderful time in Cyprus, my daughter has been out there working since May but she comes home on Wednesday. I am off to Palma Mallorca Thursday for a long weekend, cant wait for some sunshine. xx
meant to say we are actually going to north cyprus, first time going to larnaca. have a great time in majorca my favourite place in the world :D my son is out there now in puerto pollensa, his favourite place. :cheers :cheers
got back from north cyprus 3rd. oct. and must say very satisfied with cyprus airways. Comfortable seats, pleasant cabin crew. Added bonus was the free drinks bar, twice!, free hot meal and free headphones. Same on the return journey. All in all, an enjoyable first time with cyprus airways. :cheers
CY are in the process of changing allowances and charges on all baggage,
for the economy passenger this will mean..
23kg hold and 6kg hand any excess 6€ per kg extra item or case €60 max single item 32kg

different allowances for student and business class will apply

wizard
This probably shouldn't be in this thread but I thought it may be the first place people will look if travelling to Cyprus.....

Apparently the route Stansted to Paphos has been cancelled by Cyprus Airways.

Some people have received telephone calls but others haven't and one flight affected is mid Jan 2011.

It seems refunds are being given so if you have a flight reservation please contact your agent (if you booked with one) or Cyprus Airways if you booked with them directly.

The London office number is: 0208 359 1333, Monday to Friday 9 - 5.
The unions at the troubled CY airways are threatening strike action again, if you are booked with them keep an eye on the Cyprus press

wiz
Looks like the troubled carrier has withdrawn an Airbus 319 and 320 from their fleet (up for sale) as theytry and find a solution to the net loss 56.8m dollars.

Nivsy
Cyprus airways have now sold their one remaining slot at Heathrow to American Airlines.

Nivsy
Yes, it's finally gone - somebody eventually did the honourable thing and pulled the plug on them. I just hope nobody has flights booked in the immediate future although there are facilities in place for those who have flights arranged.

Honestly, if they had seen sense a few years ago and cut down on all the free seats they offered to family (which covers a multitude) of airline personnel and accepted only immediate family, it could have made all the difference. Now they will be investigated over the amount of government handouts they've had under the EU regulations. I think someone's backside is in for a very severe kicking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.