Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Haven't got much info on this airline - except that cabin crew are pleasant .

Hope this helps anyway..

John
at least this is an advantage rather than a disadvantage, i think its about a 4hour flight, wondering whether it had tv's etc.
I think they only use airbuses, so comfort levels should be pretty good..

here is a link to their website - there is lots on info on there about the planes/seating/entertainment etc.

http://www.cyprusairways.com/main/default.aspx?tabid=121

John
great thats got pretty much all the info i need, thanks for your help.
I usually only ever fly with Cyprus Airways. The seat space is better, most planes have radio and film, but every now and again you get one with out, very rare. Food is usually better than holiday flights, and if a plane breaks down, the spare is nearer, so less delay time.
I take i need to worry about flying with them, as i have had nothing but positive feedback
No problems at all with Cyprus Airways. Yes they have movies and radio, food is ok, more room than Charters.

Better than any of the charter airlines I've flown to Cyprus with, but not as good as British Airways in my opinion.

If you fly from Manchester or Birmingham with them, you pay a small charge for beer and wine,if you're flying from the London airports I believe beer and wine are complimentary, same as on BA.
alcohol as compliments now this is my kind of airways. many thanks all.
Im travelling on Cyprus Airlines next month (Sept 11th) from Heathrow to Larnanca and was wondering what they are like. Never travelled with them before.

Anyone know what films they are currently showing
i travelled with them in the last few weeks, and to be honest i havent been on a better airline, we also flew from heathrow to larnaca.

You get food on the plain, and all drink is free, even the alcohol.

You also get t'vs etc in the back of the seats,. We was on an airbus 330 i think.

But you wont be disappointed.

We will definitely be flying with them next year.

They are showing, the new will smith one, a wedding date or something and pacifier.
Cheers.

Were also booked onto the Airbus A330.

Free alcohol and Individual TV's????? Did you travel 1st class or is that the norm for Cyprus Airlines? (Never get that on Brittania!! :) )
nope this was all standard we got the cheapest possible, yes all separate t'v in front of you in seat. We thought we had to pay for drink, as it had brochure behind seats with prices, but we got some and wasnt charged and nor was anyone else.

I've never had such a good flight for their prices.

Anything else just ask.
It's quite a shock if you fly scheduled after using charter flight, and vice versa.
The food is better, the drinks are usually complimentary and if (heaven forbid!) you happen to be a smoker, you can sit in a smoking area and not spend several hours getting withdrawal symptoms!
Cyprus Airways are pretty good although recently they've had a few industrial disputes and strikes, so it's worth checking a day or so before you fly.
The other advantage with a scheduled flight is that if there is a problem or delay you can usually switch to another carrier. I once flew to the States with a ticket from Virgin and ended up flying Pan Am on the way out, and BA on the flight back!
Crikey, wish i was flying with Cyprus Airways next year and not Thomas Cook! :shock: All those free drinks................ :shock:
Seems like heaven to me :wink: :P
What a way to start your holiday!!
You probably can.
Booking hotels is easy with the net and a look in virtually any daily paper will give you a list of discounted flights.
You don't get bundled into a coach when you arrive but if you know the resort it's a doddle to get a taxi.

No doubt Chris can give you some info....
Unfortunately my flight and holiday is already paid for next year. :(
Will definately consider Cyprus Airways for our next visit though! :wink:
I'm going with Cyprus Airways next month Cromwell, I'll let you know how they are :D

Mum really rates them and they're pretty punctual too
Thanks kezza. :) So wish i was going with you :(
Going to look round tomorrow for some suitcases for next year........may aswell get them now for next year, most places are selling them off as less than half price. :)
But i would defnitely highly reccomend cyprus airways. Also when heathrow had the ctrike, out of all the airline cyprus was one of the only ones that werent affected.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.