Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cyprus Prices
31 Posts
Mark,

I think it is actually called "Anarita taverna", as you go into the village from the airport road you zig zag thro the centre past a couple of other tavernas and past a kiosk on the right.You then take a left fork just before you leave the village and its on the right about 100 yds after that.
Its right next to the town hall, the tables are all under a sort of hexagonal pergola thingy.
Lovely food (and cheap) and the proprietor, Maria is a lovely lady. not a fantasically varied menu but very good value.
We did find it was closed on Sundays though

HTH

Ian
Thanks, Ian.

We fly out next weekend.

I've just checked my list and I have the Agios Epiphanos tavern in Anarita on there to try.
Might be 2 nights in Anarita, then. :wink:

Mark
Hope you enjoy yourself as much as we did !

Ive just thought of another couple of out of the way tavernas:-
In Kouklia (not far from the airport just off the old coast road towards Limmasol) there is one on the square which does a very nice meze and is very reasonably priced.Its quite entertaining too, you sit just across the square from the locals who all congregate outside the cafes there.
Avdimou has another really reasonable place right on the beach - I think it may be called the Kyrenia taverna ? If you come off the A6 at the Avdimou junction and go in the opposite direction to the village (towards the beach) you pick up a sign for it - its down a dusty single track road. Really nice beach there too, and they give you the sunbeds for free if you eat there.

cheers

Ian

PS wish it was me going at the weekend!
Kyrenia Restaurant, Avdimou Beach - the fish pie is excellent!!
just got back today here is a quick updated price list in protaras

Keo or leon beer from £1cyp to £2.50 depending on where you drink average £1.90cyp

coke and milkshakes average price £1.90cyp

meals depend on what you fancy eating we paid from £2.50cyp for a full english breakfast to £10cyp for a good steak meal

an average meal and a drink will cost you roughly £10cyp per head
I fail to comprehend the pricing of beer on here!!

There are 3 different sized bottles of Leon, Keo and Carlsberg.
Why do people put prices but then omit to advise what size bottle they are quoting a price for?

I'm currently paying between CY 1.50 and CY 1.90 for the LARGEST of the 3 - around 660ml.

Mark
Are you sure about the price of the coke LesB? I don't think we've ever been charged more than £1CYP for soft drinks. Milkshakes are a different matter!
i think so bell

she always had a large one
Mark said"I'm currently paying between CY 1.50 and CY 1.90 for the LARGEST of the 3 - around 660ml. "

What about draught Keo or Leon. What's the price of a pint - or large (500ml?) as it's called out there...
you can get draught leon for £1cyp a pint in rives bar

then it varies upto about £2.50cyp

les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.