Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
is local food nice ?... yes yes and thrice yes !

Lamb Kleftiko, - lamb cooked in the oven with a few spices, maybe lemon, sometimes wine and onions, until its so tender you could eat it with a spoon !
Souvlaki / souvla - usually pork meat cooked over open fire /bbq again herbs and seasoning and usually brushed with oil and lemon juice ( souvlaki is the smaller bite sized pieces, where souvla is in big chunks to be cut up)
Tavas - another oven baked dish, a rich pork dish with potatoes
Stifado - tends to be beef (but could be rabbit or octopus etc) cooked with small onions (size of pickled onions) until tender in its rich red wine and vinegar sauce.
Houmous and pitta breads - Cypriot pitta is much bigger thicker and tastier than the things we are used to in other places, nice to dip into a bowl of humous (chickpeas with garlic, olive oil, tahini and lemon)

I could go on but you get the idea....

Steve
Cyprus 1990 Prices Help Needed!

Your about 10 years too late catlover :rofl

If you want sandy nice beaches you should look at the east of the island (Ayia Napa, Protaras, Pernera etc.) as oppose to Paphos. Limassol has a beach but not a patch on the east IMHO.

Having been to both islands on a regular basis Cyprus is my favourite destination.
went to Lanzarote in december 08, and the prices are stupid out there now, 3E for a pint / 500ml of local beer, 4E for a foster etc, food was 10-15E for an avarage main.

expect it to be pretty much the same in cyprus, where im off to in june, tho AI
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.