Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cyprus Prices
31 Posts
we found the best food was in the more local and out of the way places (this relating to the protaras end of the island) and we had music and dancing in at least one of those !

Steve
if you want international/English food then Cyprus is no different to any where else and you will pay for the privilege, if like myself and others who go to the island, you eat local [fresh in season] food in away from the touristy beat taverns you can save a fortune and eat better

wizard
Could yopu please list some of these tavernas .... we are staying in the paphos area ...also some directions please
Hi all :) ,
My family and I are going to Cyprus for the 1st time in March -Paphos .
Nearer to the time I will also be looking for tips on local Cafe's and Tavernas.
I intend to hire a car and so will be able to get out and about for a couple of days or so.

Can't wait ! 8) .

Toffeemen
take a look at the favorite resteraunt thread near the top of the page, i seem to remembers some of the more out of the way tavernas in there
I will have a wee look at the restaurant thread as well but any recs for Protaras area for local tavernas?

Thanks a lot
There is a whole topic in eating out in Protaras HERE

luci :wave
Deleted - forgot to put in Paphos.
:oops: :oops:
  • Edited by PARKY45 2007-08-20 18:22:13
The Argo near the Paphos clubbing area is spot on. Kleftiko nights are a "must book" night on Tues and Sats. Excellent food on other nights - and cheap.

It's a raised taverna opposite the Internet Cafe, about 100 yards from the Taxi rank.
I agree with PARKY45 :)
Argo will be my first port of call as soon as I get out to Paphos. http://www.paphos.org.uk/Argos1.htm

And while we're eating that meal we will book our 1.25lb of Kleftiko for Saturday at 7.30pm (he doesn't like everybody tuning up at 8.00, so we get in early)
Great value, great food. Yummy 8)
Tell me PARKY45, if you like Argo, where else do you enjoy eating in and around Paphos...
So where is The Argo? The website linked to does not say.

Mark
Is the Argo near to Bar Street ? PARKY45
A good place to find places to eat in and around Paphos is Paphos Eating
Argo restaurant, is in Pafios Afroditis, that's the pedestrian area just off the square with the fountain (that is sometimes on!) Highly recommended :P
the fountain being on is highly recommended? :lol:
AskCy, he, he, I knew someone would spray that..!! :P :lol: :P
We went All inc and didn't get out a lot due to the food being good in the Akteon. Twice in the Argo was excellent, but the belly couldn't take any more!! If we ever get out to Cyprus again, that will be our first choice, if we get to Napa it will be Los Bandidos. I'll wait and see what the change-over to the € brings in the way of pricing before I decide.

If you can't find the place, jump in a taxi. Quite a few of the taxi drivers eat there.
Get on your bike, or hire car and drive/taxi a mile or two inland away from the tourist area's you will find good cheap local food and drink, I go out around three to four times a week with friends and rarely does the bill come to more that a tenner each!! including booze...
I rarely spend more than CY£18 for Trish and me, including drinks (usually 1 large beer, 1 brandy sour plus a bottle of water.

Apetitos medium pizza, plenty big enough for 2.
Navy Marine - lunchtime snack (bill from 2004, but went last year and paid about the same).
The Symposium, Pissouri Square - evening meal (Touristy area, so not cheap - but not overly expensive.
http://upload2.postimage.org/434703/Bills001.jpg

Note the price of the large beers. If a taverna wants to charge more than that they can find someone daft enough to pay it! I won't go in.

Mark

PS: Yes, sad I know, keeping receipts. You want to see Trish's collection of serviettes!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.