Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
May this year. 1 single G&T and 1 Large G&T. small saucer of peanuts which we though were free. £36.00!!!!!!! :yikes LOL
The price of wine has raised its ugly head again at Dalaman airport.
After a couple got ripped off for £61 in june.
Sorry to say another couple ripped off,bought 1 small glass wine &
a small pringles costing £24 :yikes
Everybody ought to boycott buying anything in the airport foodhalls,
until the prices are brought to a reasonable level. :que
Anybody got any idea on what the price of cigarettes are like at Dalaman airport whether to buy in resort or duty free at airport
uno28,

Cigarette prices at the airport are competative. I would get them at the airport as there are a lot of fake branded cigarettes around, even from reputable sources so it's safer to get them from the airport.

Darren
Hi,

I know that you can only take a max of 100ml of liquids onto the plane from a UK airport but is it the same coming back out from Turkey?

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi,
short answer is Yes :tup but it's 10 lots of 100ml.
We did have to get rid of our water at Istanbul last week
alexnic,

It's an international regulation so yes.

Darren
:think

right,speaking of baggage weights etc...

3 of us on a T/Cook package holiday allowed 15 kg each

AND

1 daughter on a FlyThomas Cook flight only, paid for 20kg allowance ( same flight as above)

Can we "share" allowances if need be and does it matter what combination of cases we have, ie 2 big ones, or smaller individual ones. Is this making sense !! haha

Thks
Jelly,

This is more of a question for the THOMAS COOK AIRLINES - FLYTHOMASCOOK .. Q&As topic on the flight Forum. You can pool your luggage allowance between those under the same booking. No suitcase can exceed 30kg. If your daughter is flying as flight only on a seperate booking, that can't be pooled with the other passengers.

Darren
Had 2 trips through Dalaman since 1st May. Usually take pack up which we make ourselves for the journey home. On our first visit ( with my Mum Aged 78) we wanted to pop out for a sneaky voddy and to say goodbye so didn't have time to make packup so bought a KFC. Aswell as paying through the roof for it, unfortunately I got food poisoning (Campylabactor) and started to feel ill as I walked into my house. Was completely out of it for the next 3 days and it took 2 weeks to get over it and 3 visits to work (A&E) Will never ever buy anything from there again as I've never been so ill and almost missed my second trip to Icmeler. Will certainly make pack up every time from now on and keep my lira for next visit.
Shaz150
Its worth taking the 10x100ml bottles filled with water just to see the faces of the security staff.
When I was taking my bottles out of my holdall last month to put on the tray the security man told me to put them in the bin. :yikes
I told him no way as they were in 100ml bottles.He replied bye bye Mrs. :rofl :rofl
OK folks after trying Egypt last year we are returning to Turkey.
We will be staying at the club AES in Ovacik. Never stayed in this part of Turkey before; Bodrum 2 years ago and Marmaris 6 times.
We will be flying into Dalaman and was just wondering how much worse the prices have got in the last 3 years; i am of course referring to our return flight and the cost of food and drinks in the airport.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Merged with exisitng topic. Dazbo HT Mod
saracen1966,

Prices at Dalaman Airport remain high. I'd avoid having to purchase food or drink at the airport if it can be avoided.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.