Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sounds good to me, I think you would struggle to get a better price? Who is the transfer with, I may want to use them myself. :)
Me too!!.

Can't face the thought of a 2-21/2 hour coach transfer!.
Is that really how long it takes?.
Probably because coaches will be dropping people at various hotels/apartments whereas a private transfer is just taking you direct. Can't see you finding a cheaper price than that.
I was on a coach transfer which also dropped off a a few other hotels. We were one of the last (Belcekic beach) It took about an hour and a quarter. I think they put 2 1/2 hours to cover themselves just in case. Its quicker since the tunnel opened in July 2006 perhaps some of them haven't bothered to change their brochures.
Hi Leaky,
If you can get a private return transfer to Olu Deniz for £48 then book it, i arrange transfers and the going rate is £40 one way ( up to 4 people )
Personally I would think there is something wrong with what you have been quoted, reason being that the fuel cost alone for a return trip would be about £25, then the toll cost and parking cost at the airport would bring the total cost of the transfer to about £30, that means that the driver would be in pocket to the tune of £ 18. That's £4.50 for each trip, to me there is something wrong there.
Would look into it in more detail if you ask me.
Cheers Kev
Hi Leaky,
kevin is right if that is the price you have been quoted take it, but it might be by camel use only recommended people that have been used by others
give this guy a ring and get a quote freddy on 00902526166271 or 00905323169512
Hi all, the price quoted is for shuttle transfer with travel republic. Hope this helps :tup
Hi Leaky,
In that case it is not a private transfer that you have been quoted for, never had one but i believe the shuttle transfer is much the same as the tour op transfer, ( by bus ) same story in that case, multi drop off points and same going back to Dalaman, multi collection points.
Sorry to put a dapmener on it, but it is better for you to know what to expect when you get there.
Kev ;)
Hi Kev, thanks for the info.. I assumed this was a shared transfer, through previous experiences.. Although have to say everytime i've had one, 9 times out of 10, its been around 8-10 folk at the most and on a few ocassions only been myself and my fiance. I will continue to check around, although even though its shared i am still unable to beat the price..Any more info greatly appreciated.. :D
I usually book with Orange Rentacar and noticed their shuttle transfer is £50, a private transfer with them is £70.
Leaky

I'd book it 48 pounds sounds like a very good price. I'd book it.

I know Kevin has to protect his business but what he says is a bit unfair. There's no comparison between a 52 seater tour operator coach drop off and a 12 seater mini bus transfer which often only has two families in it.

Doe
kevin was only telling it as it is a private transfer is soley for your booking direct from airport to accomadation
so a shuttle service that can hold 15 people could do as many as 5 or more drop offs
so the information gave was correct and valid
Well I guess we will have to agree to differ as I still can't see a minbus transfer for 12 (or 15 :roll: ) as being the same as a tour operator coach transfer for about 50.
Hi Doe and anyone else,
Sorry if i mislead anyone it was'nt intentional, but i did say that I had never had a shuttle transfer and that i could only pressume that it was like a tour op transfer. obviously I was wrong, but having said that I was'nt to know either way, Sorry.
Also I would just like to put the record straight for anyone that is interested, I am not trying to protect " my business " or drum up customers by saying bad or good things about other companies.
it is not my business at all, anyone that has dealt with me knows that the only thing I do for potential customers on here and elsewere is arrange transfers at this end, because people often prefer to deal with someone that actually speaks english rather than try to liase with transfer companies in Turkey, rely all the details which may lead to possible confusion and possible let downs.
I am in constant touch with Turkey, and also with clients that I arrange transfers for, I can accomodate almost anything that may go wrong, from late departures here, to wanting to come home early from Turkey for whatever reason, arranging tours / outings etc while clients are actually in Turkey.
I do these things because I enjoy doing it, and because the company that I use are very good friends of mine, they are fully insured and are part of the Turkish tourism board. I also quote the prices that are actually charged in Turkey and are indeed advertised on their web page.
http://www.ozdumalar.com
So, sorry going on a little but i just wanted to point out to others that I am not trying to protect " my business "
Cheers Kev ;)
Kev.

No need to be sorry, keep up your good work on these forums.

baz
No probs Kev :kiss

Sometimes it's just confusing. Most of us (like me) are just other holidaymakers who are trying to help folk from our own experiences with no connection to Turkey.

Whereas there are others that have 'promotional signatures' under their posts all the time.

I'm sure Leaky will be happy with his 48 pound transfer and dont expect for a moment it will be on a camel. LOL. :wink:

Doe
Hi Doe, :)
No worries, when all's said and done that's what we're all here for :sun2

Cheers Kev :wink:
We used Orangrentacar for transfer Dalaman to Fethyie. Can't remember the price but they were on time and the people carriers used were modern and clean.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.