Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
have booked to go to the dar kayhem on june 07 2007 was just wondering what the breakfast menu consisted of ?? your input would be most appreciated
breakfast is eggs(different style each day) pancakes, fresh croissant, cereal, cheese ham jams, yoghurts, sausage beans and onions in mild curryish sauce, sausage is like hot dogs, tea coffee juice, plenty to chose from.
Thank's Nadine lot's of options to choose from. Hope lunch and dinner are as varied. The camel trip with latif was that quite reasonably priced ? :lol:
Hi dave
we paid about £80 for 4 adults (two teenagers) and two children, so we thought it was well priced, you leave at around two and dont come back till 5/5.30, you also stop at an equestrian centre which is fun, you will have the option for a henna tattoo here, around 10 dinar, they do ask you first if you want one doing. We found it very good value for money, and will be doing it again this year.
nadine
Many thank's Nadine you have been really helpful. :D
we are flying out to this hotel on the 17th June so hopefully it will be nice and hot
Checked the stats its in the 80s in June. I fly back on the 17th shame we could have had a beer?
could anyone let me know if there are any age restrictions on the water sport activities ie. pedaloes and kayacks :?:
thanks
No restrictions as I can remember, my daughter could go parasailing alone at 10, but we would only send her on with an adult, made sure that one of the older teenagers always went out with the younger ones. Think the only age restriction is for the quad biking.....we didnt do this though.
thanks for the info
we have a 10 year daughter too( going on 20) . Was yours well entertained through the holiday. Any other relevent info would be appreciated. Not going till August but getting excited already. Only 2 hols this year (new car, new suite and decorating !!!! can't get hubby to work more than 50hours a week :) )
Did you have any problems with the tunisian men making passes?? at you daughter. It is worrying me a bit
hi magsg,
the tunsians are wonderful people, they adored annabelle as a child, they love children and only have eyes for the older ones, we had two teenage girls with us, 15 and 17 and they actually ran rings around the tunisian boys, really dont worry about that. They are very respectful people and even from the teens, when told no they left them alone, the beach is lovely and the pool area, we have booked to go again this year. The rooms are basic but clean, who spends the day in the room anyway. Food does have things repeated, but we went with really fussy eaters and one of them came home a stone heavier, so it was not that bad, and my eldest daugheter ate nothing but veal stew, she loved it. Shops are really cheap. Alcohol is very weak apart from the pastis (pernod) and Bouka a drink made from figs (personal taste) so we are taking some of our own as an alternative. The camel trip is well worth the money.
Enjoy the holiday for what it is, a beautiful setting and nice hotel, ameture but fantastic entertainment, and very hard working people who love to entertain. The children also took part in the childrens club with sam, but there are activities running all day.
Let yourself go, you will have a wonderful time. Take some fly spray, boots tropical is the best I think, every now and then there are a few around. I cant wait to go back, our age ranges were 9, 10, 11, 15, 17, 40, 42, 47, 49. Hope that helps, if theres anything else please just ask.
Thanks very much for the new info. you have really set my mind at rest on quite a lot of points.
Cheers for the advice on the fly spray. Can't understand why people go to Africa and complain about the wild life!!!! there are more unwanted pests in Blackpool!!!!! :o
if we had a nomination for most helpful holiday chat person I would nominate you
hope you don't mind further questions as they come to me. No doubt speak to you soon
Mags
thanks Mags, as I say, any questions. Im with you, cant inderstand complainers, we paid £3000 for 9 of us last year, this year we paid £2900, so I really dont care if the food is repeated, the alcohol weak or a few flys. Its the ones who complain the beach was too sandy...lol

One thing I forgot to mention, try the therapy centre, I had a full body massage for about £12.00 and they were excellent, will be having a few more this year.OH, and the oil they cover you in, really helps you tan.
Nadine
I'll definitely give the massage ago, nothing like a bit of pampering!!
We've only paid £1200 for 3 of us AI in aug, so I'm not expecting the Ritz, just 2 weeks of sun and sand and NOT having to go to work :D
hi magsg,
i really hope you enjoy your holiday to the dar khayam.i myself have mixed feelings on the hotel.we paid £2000 for 5 of us,which is very cheap for 2 weeks ai in august,but the saying is true you only get what you pay for.the food is really dire for breakfast there are boiled eggs (not cooked properly)eveyday,then they alternate between fried eggs,omelettes or pancakes daily,there are are baked beans(but not as we know them)there are sausages with onion which are a greyish colour and taste vile,tomatoes (i never tried these)there was other stuff such as cheeses ,cereal (which i never tried but my daugther said was awful)youghut,fruit and hard bread or if you toast it it had to be put through the toaster at least 4 times.
lunch and dinner time were the same,i hope you like stew as you get it twice a day ,the strangest chicken portions i have ever seen(maybe it wasn't chicken)full of fat & not cooked properly,fish full of bones,meat very fatty etc.i could go on and on, its the worst hotel food i have ever tasted.
im am not a fussy eater and properly would of got by on something from the resturant,but my husband could not eat the food atall,niether could my son .we ended up eating out a lot,which we could afford,but what if we couldn't of afforded it my hubby and son would of gone hungry.
the reason most people go all inclusive is because there holiday food and drink are all taken care of,they don't choose the ai option thinking they will have to eat out every day and pay again.
also as i have said in a previous post,some of the staff are over friendly with young girls and single women.
like i said at the beginning of my post i really hope you enjoy your holiday, going on the reviews a lot do.
it wasn't for us, this year we have paid more money for our holiday another ai and i have done my homework( i hope properly this time)
but if you can afford a bit more money i would advice you to change your holiday now,cos if you think the food is as bad as we did,. what you spend on eating out will proberly be more than what you would pay to change to a half decent hotel.
tracey
hi trashjono

when did you go ??
we went august 06.
looking back at previous post i hope i haven't put you off too much.there were some good things about the hotel,i.e entertainment staff very good,beach,trips were good camels,quads,pirate ship and the watersports very good.
anything you want to know i,ll try to help
tracey
Hi Nadine66
Could you tell me about the sea !!
1st is it warm? cos I'm a bit of a wuss
2nd is does it go very deep? cos I'm a wuss
3rd is it safe enough for inflatables? can you see a pattern starting here
Any info would be greatly appreciated
hi
the sea is nice, a bit cold when you first get in, but soon warms up.
part of it is cordoned of so you won,t go to deep.but from the beach to the rope it gradually goes deeper the futher out you go.
there were lots of people with inflatables.
hope this helps.
tracey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.