Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Sonias, me again! Whilst we were away my in laws who were staying in Cala'n Forcat arranged a birthday cake through the bakery at Topmarket in CNF. Now, there is a Topmarket in Cala'n Bosch that has a bakery so I feel certain that they would be able to sort something out for you. My husband took the cake to La Fontana before the rest of our party arrived and asked if they could bring it to the table after our meal. We also got the singer on the bandstand to sing Happy Birthday as the waitresses presented the cake. It was lovely and they didn't mind doing it at all. The cake was delicious too!

Hope this helps :)
Hi Nic, Thanks thats a great help and sounds a great idea! :hbirth Is Topmarket a supermarket and whereabouts in CnB is it - did you have to pre-order the cake? I am getting really excited now apart from when I have looked on the long range forecast it is raining!! :(

Sonia

PS. Did they do candles as well?!
Hi, Topmarket is situated in the shopping area at the Marina. I think you're staying in Cap D'Artrutx aren't you? So from here if you follow road into CnB you will eventually see Paradise Club on your left and rear of the Marina to right with a few car hire places, pharmacy, and the back of Maribel gift shop. You can access Topmarket (sorry yes it's a supermarket) from either this side or from the marina side just to the rear of the Bandstand. Think they needed a couple of days notice (it was my Father in Law that ordered it so not 100% sure) They just got him to write down what he wanted written on it. We definately had candles on the cake, which I assume they provided, might be an idea to pop a pack in your case though just to be sure.

Hope you manage to get something sorted, I'm sure if you asked at the reception of your apartments they'd be able to recommend somewhere also.

With regards the weather...try not to look at the long range forecast, it's rarely accurate (though I always do and know I shouldn't!). I'm sure if it does rain though it won't last long...we had a couple of showers in August but it didn't last long and the sun was soon out afterwards.
Hi Nic, Thanks that is a great help I really appreciate your advise. :cheers

No I am not gonna worry about the weather lets face it, it can't be any worse than this depressing country - and I am not just talking about the weather, it will be nice to get away from all the doom and gloom! :sun2

I think it will be really nice to do this for my daughter as we want to celebrate her birthday in some way while we are away.

x
Hi, I have been up at the Titanic Park a few times when children have celebrated their birthdays and Jimmy has brought out a cake. Now whether they have bought it themselves or not i dont know but its worth bearing in mind and worth asking him, tell him Linda & Gordon says so (he has called me that for 10 years now and i dont have the heart to tell him otherwise).

Also, now that i have got you to stop nattering about the internet facilities to check your bank account, you are worrying about the weather. Have just had a look at the next 14 days and it says sun and cloud and around 26 degrees, so stop nattering. Just have a red wine and coke and chill out. lol.

linsi.x
Hi Linsi,

OMG I did not realise I came over as a worrier as I am not really! Its this forum it is addictive...

thanks for all your advise and I will stop worrying now and I will have a fab holiday! I shall post when I get back (if I am not too depressed at being back that is!)

Bye for now (unless I think of anything else to worry about!)
Hi Sonia,
Have a great time and speak to you later.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.