Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we drove there year before last Olu to Icmeler took about 2hrs found it to be very expensive as we hired a car and the price of petrol out there is more expensive than it is here, was worth it to see all our friends in Icmeler but wouldn't do it again do the cost involved roads were fine no worse than say spain, majorca etc... don't know the cost of a taxi though

notice there is a trip from Icmeler to Fetiye and Blue Lagoon which is an all day trip (12 hours) but not sure if this allows any free time in Olu.
In answer to this you will get free time in Olu about 3 hours at the Blue Lagoon which is absolutely spectacular so perhaps you could meet up with them then
Thanks Icmeler Girl,

The trip costs £16 each, not sure if it is by coach or boat - could be both.

That time was good though, thought it would be a lot longer.

We have been to the Blue Lagoon where the cafe and restaurant is but I think the trip goes to the conservation part as it said it included entrance fee.

Just thought the trip would be nice for our friends who are coming to Icmeler with us who have never been to Olu Deniz befoe. We can then all meet up with our other friends!

Barb
bus from marmaris to fethiye is about 3hours with stop off very cheap about 7 pound return per adult
taxi would be quite expensive
Thanks everyone for your help.

Barb
Hi just to say i have done the trip from icmeler to olu by bus, and it was a nightmare we were meeting friends there we did get to spend much time with them as we kept stoping to visit different places which we did not know about, i suppose if you go direct there it should be ok best of luck hope this helps johnboy.
Hello Johnboy, thanks for that.

I was looking at the trip that Icmeler Travel Center has, it states Fetiye and Blue Lagoon. Does not really say much about how you get there.

I am more interested in just going to Olu as our friends will be staying in Belcekiz Beach Hotel.

Barb
Hi BarbH,

By far the best way to go to Oludeniz from Icmeler, is by bus.

You'll need to catch a dolmus to Marmaris bus station (about a 10 minute journey), and then take the coach to Fethiye. I think they leave about every hour, and the cost is about 10 or 15TL per person. The journey takes 2.5 hours, which included one 10 minute stop-off for refreshments.

Once you reach Fethiye bus station, go to the main road outside, and catch a dolmus to Oludeniz (the dolmus will have Oludeniz signed-up on front). It costs 2.5 tl, and takes about 15 minutes to reach Oludeniz.

So door-to-door, you're looking at about a 3-hour journey.

The coaches are very good value for money, and have air-conditioning etc. It will be much. much cheaper than going through your holiday company - probably quicker, and you'll be able to return at the time you want.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Strawberry that was really helpful.

The trip I looked at cost £16 each, not sure if that included carpet factory... it did say entrance to Blue Lagoon was included too. This left at 8 in the morning and got back at 8 at night. I think possibly Fetiye was another stop off which would then be less time in Olu for us.

Barb
Hi Barb,

If you go by bus youself, you'll be able to look around Fethiye anyway. All there is to see in Fethiye is the harbour (which is lovely), and the shops really. You're far better doing it under your own steam.

As for the carpet factory: that's just a ploy to part you with your cash. They'll try and make you buy a carpet you don't want. And the rep gets money for every person who buys one - that's why they lay the trip on. In fact, the trip sounds more about the carpet factory, and they've just thrown in Fethiye and Oludeniz as a way to make it look like a sightseeing tour.

If as you say, that includes entrance to the Blue Lagoon, that sounds like they're taking you to the sea-side of the Lagoon, and that costs about 50 pence to get in.

If you go to where the actual Lagoon is (which is very tranquil and beautiful) there's no entrance fee. You just pay for your sunbed.

It'sup to you, but I can't see the benefit of going with a tour company.
:)
olu
Hi Barb thats the trip we took, we went to a few places on the way all in all we got to olu and the blu lagoon at about 2.30 pm and left at 5pm, as we were meeting friends as you are, we did not have a great deal of time with them but it was nice seeing them so the trip served a purpose and we saw some nice places along the way, lunch was included as well which was another stop hope this helps johnboy.
Thanks everyone,

The trip would be ideal for someone who has not seen that part of Turkey but as it is only Olu Deniz I really want to get to then perhaps the bus and coach would be the best way.

I thought the distance was too great for a day trip. I think what I will do is see how we feel once we get out there (heatwise+
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.