Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
have a feeling its only first choice yummy - possibly one of there own complexes

lyn
Thanks lyn. do you know of any other hotels with good facilities for children and with good food?
How old is your child Yummy?????
If you wanted to be more central to Sharm without getting taxis everywhere then i would recommend the Sonesta Beach Resort in Sharm. You are on a nice beach with water sports, there are 7 swimming pools for the kids to decide which one they like best, the breakfast menu is a dream, and they cater for children's food as well on the buffet should you upgrade to HB or A1. There were a lot of children here last year as its only a stones throw to the beach. There is also a diving school on campus also. Family rooms are huge with 2 split levels and your own private pool and garden, you never hear the neighbours because the rooms are so thick. Walking along the promenade passed lots of restaurants and shops is nice until it leads you into the main drag of sharm.

Worth thinking about, i am going back this June (5th).
Thanks, my child will be 4 so thats why i want a hotel with a kids club. This will be the first holiday since having him that he can join a kids club because of his age.
I know its going to make me sound stupid but i would rather go all inclusive because its a place that ive never been to and im going on my own with my child. Ive done exploring and stayed in guest houses all over the world except from Egypt. We might go out a few times but id rather just stay in the hotel grounds this time, just to relax as ive already been to Goa and the Far East this year.

Thanks for the tips :)
Just thought I might pitch in to say that we,ve just come back from the calimera in nabq bay which is just down the road from naama and I too have a four year old who was really looking forward to joining a kids club this holiday, however, whilst i was prepared and knew that where we stayed it was run by a german group mainly for the german guests my little one did her best to join in but did mean that dad stayed around in the backround for support.
She did enjoy her time there but it was limited due to the language barrier, my advice would be to ensure you choose a hotel with an english based group probably f/choice they do run really good clubs in my experience.
As for being a lone parent on holiday, it was not uncommon to see single parent families in the calimera so i would imagine it,s the same in any hotel and i have to say that the families i saw looked to be having a great time!! so go for it !
Hi yummy........im taking my three daughters(bit older than yours) but our main holiday choice is always based on their needs......
We picked the LTI Grand Azur because of the close beach and on site water park. It also has a kids club and a seperate heated pool with waterfall which, according to the reviews, the kiddies love!
Hope that helps xxxxxxxx
Hi re going to Coralsea resort, you would find everything there that you want it is true that it is a first choice resort howver if you book with eclipsedirect.co.uk it is cheaper , this company is affilliated with first choice but I always book with them (3rd time) and on sat booked for july 6th and it was £800 cheaper for my husband daughter and I than first choice. two weeks £1300 with free child place. and pre booked seats

hope this helps

Lynne
Thanks for that, i actually saw something that Pippy the mod wrote and she said something about Eclipse is cheaper than Firstchoice so i had a look and its coming out at £1270 for end of June for 1 adult and 2 children staying at the coral sea resort 2 weeks all inclusive. The prices then start to jump because of school holidays and only start coming down Mid October.

I think this is a good deal as this is what we usually pay to go to Goa in a 2* bed and breakfast hotel.

Im not sure if i should book it now or book it as a late deal as we're not planning on going til next year.

One last question ( i promise :lol: )
What are the kids club like in the coral sea resort? and my son who will be 4 when he goes is really into fish and ive heard that the sea isnt far from the hotel. Will there be any opportunities for him to see the fish?

The reason we're not going back to Goa is because the sea is so rough and we like to swim in the sea.

Thanks ever so much for all your help :)
Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.