General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi lyn

Yes thats the one :) I sooo wish i looked like that in a cozzie!!! I have seen it in our local store and it says it has tummy control and boy my tummy needs controlling!! Thanks for doing the link i havent got a clue how to do it :que

:sun2
I wear a tankini mostly in this country but always an itsy bitsy bikini abroad. If I wore a tankini abroad I would sweat and have prickly heat on my tum. The last 2 bikini's I've bought have been strapless and it's been great not having to worry about strap lines :D . The bottoms are normally tie sides.
That's really nice lily :tup I would go for it. Also if you go in the store you can try it on and see if they are telling the truth about the tummy control bit.

Doe :sun2
hi doe

Ive decided im going to buy the cozzie from asda and try it on at home. I can do the jumping up and down test just to see if it does control my tummy :D I will let you no if it works ;)

lilyflipflop :sun2
Tried a bandeau animal print tankini top in Matalan. It was £8 and would have looked great teamed with a black pair of pants. It was so flimsy and didn't give a flattering look when on at all. The padded cups were really poor and the beading on the ties seemed too heavy for the top and pulled it down slightly making me look like I had really saggy boobs! Not a good look at all! :yikes

Not impressed with Tesco swimsuits this year either so far. They had a lovely deep purple bandeau one in store which I tried on but it felt like I was wearing a bandage! The body was short I checked to see if I'd picked up a petite style by mistake, it felt really uncomfortable and tight on. Tesco also had a 'special k' red swimsuit in store too. It looked lovely and felt really good quality to touch for the price £12 but that was small in the body too. Both costumes were size 16 and I am clothes size 12-14 but I felt like I should have tried a size 18 just to fit my body properly! :really

I had a look at Asda's website after lilyflipflop showed her suit on here and I spotted their teal tankini set for £8 and a spotty bandeau swimsuit for £12 which I'd thought I would try. Arrived today and hoorah both of them were fantastic! Fit really well and the tankini shorts had a really nice cut and fitted well round my bum. The tankini top kept everything in place and the cups were padded much better and gave more support than the Matalan one. I was really impressed for the price. I was going to buy a suit from Marks for £35! so glad I didn't now!
hiya all

I got the asda swimsuit (well 2) and it did pass the test of controlling my tummy!!!! Im quite impressed, as the price was very reasonable i wasnt expecting too much, Im not an elle macpherson after all said and done so im not going to look like a model around the pool :cry :rofl Ive got a nice sarong that ive had for a while with a white flower embroidered on which will match the swimsuit so i should look respectable. My only worry now is how many more women will i see wearing the same suit :rofl Just matching flipflops to buy now then the look will be complete!!!

lilyflipflop.

Rachincov-the teal tankini set is loverly i did look at that but have opted for a swimming cozzie this time. Im quite tempted by the spotted Swimsuit now. Im off for another look ;)

Lilyflipflop. x
The spotty suit in the photo looks like a 50s style one with a long body/skirt top (if that makes sense??) and the model has this pulled down. I was unsure at first about the low leg design but I liked the pattern and wanted a bandeau style suit (had enough of strap marks!). Anyway the top part isn't attached to the bottom part all the way round so you don't have to wear it like the model does. The top is ruched so you can pull it up a bit to give it a higher leg look. I hope I make sense :tup It definitely had tummy control and bum control AND boob control, I was held in everywhere :rofl Brilliant for only £12 when similar ones I looked at were £28 plus at Marks.

The only reason I didn't go for the rope design was because I already have a plain black suit and didn't want another otherwise it would look like I was wearing the same suit day after day. It could be a woman thing but I think we notice this type of thing on other women around the pool. Glad you liked your suit Lily :tup
Glad you both got sorted. I am definately going to give asda a look. I'm sure I had one of their swimsuits a few years back and it lasted far longer than more expensive ones I have had. They are fantastic buys.

Love the spotty ruche 50ties style one. :tup

I'm also interested in what you say about the Tesco ones being short in the body as often I find one-pieces too long in the body for me, so these might be good fit.

Doe :sun2
Rachincov.

Im going to buy the spotted cozzie tomorrow-i keep looking at it on the asda site and made my mind up to go and get it tomorrow!!! Lets hope we dont both holiday in the same place wearing spotty swimsuits!!!! :rofl

Doe-have a look at next website there swimwear is lovely a little more expensive then asda but worth a look. Hope you get sorted soon.

lilyflipflop. x
Hi all.

Well the spotted cozzie didnt look good on me :cry but i did get another Black swimsuit for £12 from asda. Its called a textured bandeau swimsuit. Thats me done with cozzies now!!

lilyflipflop. x
Ladies have you had a look at Ample Bosom.com , a work colleague found these wehn looking for new swimwear for her xmas holiday in Sharm ...she was very pleased with her purchases
I buy alot from Camille website found them to be very reasonable and good quality.
Primark have a fair few in...I love bikinis...they do my size in there and also in peacocks...topshop have some gorgous ones in aswell.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.