Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Heck of a long way for just one week :que
Don't think i'd do it. Recon i'd wait for a deal for 2 weeks.
BOB :think
Do what you think is right for you Papa, yes it's expensive for a week but hey, you only live this life once :tup Fizz

Failing that, search for a cheaper deal :)
you only live this life once

Just what my OH says.

Papa
Papa I have just bumped up the "Find any good deals, post them here" thread, maybe there is something on there that might be useful :tup (also I am looking for something for some friends of mine too). All the Best.....Fizz
Papa

Go for it.

I used to think about tomorrow but having just lost a very good friend nearly 20 years my junior (She was 34)to cancer and having watched her try to put so much into so little time I'm afraid I'm coming round to the way of thinking of living for today.

Go on you know you'll have a fantastic week and you can't really put a price on enjoying yourself
I used to think about tomorrow but having just lost a very good friend nearly 20 years my junior (She was 34)to cancer and having watched her try to put so much into so little time I'm afraid I'm coming round to the way of thinking of living for today.

Go on you know you'll have a fantastic week and you can't really put a price on enjoying yourself

I know what you mean.I lost a very good friend last year to the dreaded C and promised myself at the time I would start living for today.I think deep down I have a puritanical streak that keeps telling me that spur of the moment decisions are wrong.

Off to check the "find any good deals" thread.

Thanks to all of you.

Papa
Papa I got 2 weeks wiv premium flights for £639 each in Dec on teletext hols :tup
Well,

Thanks for all your input.It really was a tough decision with all the economic uncertainty and lots of people losing their jobs,also of course the comments regarding the dreadful health problems people suffer it almost felt obscene to be discussing something as flippant as taking a week off to go to Goa as if it were no more than catching a bus.

However I managed to supress my puritanical streak and have booked to go on 23rd November.You only live once and I am not sure about anyone else but a week in Goa is worth six monthe in England.

Regards to you all for your comments

Papa
you only live once! do it. you could go out locally for a weekend and it costs £100 at least!
Well done papa you know now your expected to attend the meets at the carvery :really thats if you can get in its going to be a busy one on the 25th hope to see you all.. :tup
busy one on the 25th

Strong rumour that the Carvery is going continently that night and will be putting tables and chairs out on the pavement and seating on the stairs but just make sure you get there early before the Honey Bee runs out.
Hope the Baileys dont all get drunk,standing room only by the looks of it..
Glad to read you made the right decision Papa, relax :sun2 and have a great week :tup
Fizz
Well I have managed to get over my guilt now.It was mainly because we were just back from Sri Lanka.

We did have a lovely holiday there but there is nowhere quite like Goa.The beach,the shacks,the food etc etc.

Well you all know it just keeps dragging you back.

Going to be spending the next few weeks trawling the shack and restaurant reviews which is half of the fun for me.

Another good thing is we will probably be going in March as well so we get two trips out of the visas.Now there was another excuse for booking :D :D
Well Papa I think you have done the right thing :tup which hotel are you staying in ? I went to Goa for a week in March and it was fab , don't see why people wouldn't go for a week? after all they go to NY for 3 nights.
Well Papa I think you have done the right thing which hotel are you staying in ? I went to Goa for a week in March and it was fab , don't see why people wouldn't go for a week? after all they go to NY for 3 nights

Staying at the Santa Monica in Calangute.Just looking for its location now.Not really got any high expectations as we are well used to Goan hotels.If it is completely rubbish we will have a look at some of the guesthouses rated on this forum.

Sure it will be fine for a week though already looked at the reviews.

Papa
Got it looks like the hotel opposite whynotprayjots by the Nizmar.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.