Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It's behind the Nizmar Papa, good spot. We stayed there years back and were quite happy there. If they offer you a room overlooking the toilet roll factory, say no, some of those back rooms don't get a lot of use, are dark and smell quite "fusty". It is the usual Goan basic but we liked it and it was clean. We had a pool view room but had a huge palm tree obscuring the pool view (we had a better view of the toilets) :( Got moved the next day without any fuss. Balcony's are a bit small and beds hard (as per normal) but good food (Vincent imo is the best of their chefs), good pool, Jenifers salon is quite good (not the best) but is perfectly adequate for basics, stroll down around the bottom end of the football field, you can't miss it and you'll find the road leading to town (past the Mira I think it is) so not far to the town center, lots of short cuts to the beach off that road too. . Rooms are spacious as I remember. If you get a room above the restaurant area/salon/reception, I think they are the better ones and some have decent balconies. Nice atmosphere when we went there although I think it can be a bit noisy at night with later drinkers, if you can't beat them then probably best to just join them :rofl We always pop in there as I like Vincents porridge :tongue - Say hello to him and to Anthony for me (although I will be calling in myself in November) Anthony's an excellent chap and will look after you extremely well - a waiter trained of the old school. :tup Fizz
Thanks for the replies,

Have stayed at the Nizmar and it is indeed in a good locaation.Read lots about the rooms at the back so will try to avoid them.

Papa
No problem Papa, glad to have been of help. Have a great time.
Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.