Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: delhi belly
128 Posts
I think this may be my choice!! Thanks Debi!
Just came back Sunday, and can honestly say that neither me or my son had any upset tummys at all during our week.
Me and the OH take Acidophilus just about daily (when we remember) anyway so before we went to Varca (south) in April we just ramped up the dosage a bit to be sure we had enough good bacteria to cope with our holiday. We didn't have delhi belly once!! Not sure if it was down to the Acidphilus or the antibacterial hand gel or a combination or just luck BUT i certainly wouldn't risk not taking either of them. I must admit a lot of the people that i did meet that had fallen ill were the people who would down gallons of ice cold beer in the midday heat - surely this can upset the tummy too????

Only 15 days til we fly out again - wooohooooo..... not that i'm excited or anything like that!! LOL Just got to hope for no delhi belly this time either!!!
hi all
just in case you get any tummy upsets,just along road to candolim from st anthonys chapel first turn left(by babbutes)there is a little chemist who will sell you some tablets one for tummy ache one for trots one for sickness, and they work like magic also he has some pink ones for heartburn which are exellent
hi dragon, i used the chemist you mention the last time i was in Goa. Being a heartburn sufferer i use tablets from my doctor called Omeprazole. A months worth usually lasts me 2 months as i dont take as mush as presribed. They work a treat. I asked about them in Goa and i bought a load of them from that chemist. Saved me a few bob. And like you say about the delhi belly, the same chemist precribed me a couple of different tablets and i was as right as rain within 12 hours. :cheers
My work colleague has just returned from Candolim and ate Prawn noodles in a certain sport bar in candolim and had delhi belly the next day. He had a day out of his holiday, but got it sorted by his wife going to the chemist and spending 40rupees.
(Or was the illness caused by watching the Manchester Derby? )

Lisa
funnily enough thats where i had been the night before i got the trots :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.