Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
delta beach
35 Posts
Hi Willie and welcome to HT! We do not have your hotel in our review pages but I have asked for it to be added just in case someone can help. I had difficulty finding info on it- do you know if it is new?
We have some resort reviews here
dont know if its new ment to be a 4star according to direct holidays its about 1km from resort thats all i know about it
willie j
Hi Willie,

The Delta Beach is numbered '8' on this map. It is in the Southern part of the resort, in the direction of Nessebar.

It is shown as a 4* hotel on all of the websites where I have found it mentioned.

Baldur
My wife and I have also booked 2 weeks at Delta Beach from 29 May 2006 through Direct Holidays. Although Direct Holidays state that the hotel is 1km from centre, Airtours also part of the Mytravel Group indicate that it is 5kms. Looking at map I suspect that the actual distance is somewhere in between.
I suspect the absence of any previous reviews is due to the fact that this is the 1st time that Mytravel Group have used the hotel. I have found a website for the hotel at http://www.delta-beach.com and the photos of the rooms and pool area look great. The website indicates that the hotel was built in 2004 - however there appear to be references on the web to a 3 Star "1960s" Hotel of the same name - could it be possible that the hotel was refurbished in 2004?
had a look on the site the hotel looks very nice it says it was built in 2004 but if you look in under the rooms tab it says that they are newly refurbished. everything looks very good cant wait it the first time in bulgaria hope to see you there have a great holiday .
w3illie j
  • Edited by willie j 2006-04-29 11:50:32
Hi Willie

Its is a fair distance from the resort centre but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel which takes you into sunny beach and it cost a few pence.

Whitty1964 :?
I discovered a reference to building work outside the Delta Beach on Airtours website. This has only been posted recently. As Direct Holidays website makes no reference to building work I yesterday contacted their Customer Services Department.
I was told that due to "Grade 3" building work within the hotel we had already been moved to the Royal Bay Hotel in Elinite, no other all-inclusive hotels being available in Sunny Beach. Apparently Grade 3 building work consists of extreme noise and dust.
I suspect that I managed to contact Direct Holidays before they had an opportunity of contacting me.
The only choice we had was to either cancel or accept the revision plus £20 each in compensation.
Gerry,

I've booked a week 15-22 May and just been contacted by Direct Holidays too, Offering me the Royal Bay. From what I've read it's not half as good as the Delta sounded!! Plus it sounds like it's miles away from S.B.!

As I am going several weeks before you, I may contact them back and try to comandeer something else or at least some sort of refund for having to travel!!

Have you or anyone reading been to the Royal Beach, Though I'm in my thirties, I am travelling alone and can party with the best of them (maybe not quite as much!!). I enjoy music bars, Karaoke and a bar with a bit of life/entertainment.
Hi Dickie,

There are reviews of the Royal Bay in our Hotel Reviews section & of Elenite in our Resort Reports section.

Baldur
havent heard from direct holidays about a change should we contact them or just wait and see what happensand take a copy of the posts from here to show the reps as proof that they new about the building works.
willie j
  • Edited by willie j 2006-04-29 11:48:01
Best to tackle them now about it Willie.
We had a similar situation with JMC Holidays a few years ago where they pulled out of Kalina Garden Hotel on health & Safety reasons and were offering us a hotel in Nessebar. I checked their website before phoning so I was armed with info of what else they had available and negotiated a change to the Grand Hotel Sunny Beach. If I were you Willie I would have some alternatives ready. I only know one person who has been to Elinite and they said it was nice but they wished they had booked Sunny Beach.
just been on the phone to them there invoce phone number
0870 606 **** said that there where no works but to phone
0141 559**** they said that there are works but are due to be suspended from may 19 :?: and if there where any problems they would let us know by mail or phone. thanks for all your help :D
willie j
I fear, the Delta Beach is not very good. There are a lot of reviews in a german Bulgarian-Site from 2005. Only 51 per cent of people said, they would go there back again.

I hope, your holiday will be better!

Greetings

Bulgarienfan
sorry its taken so long to get back to all . i was wondering if you could tellme the german sites that the hotel is reviewed in . direct have also told us that the work will definetly not be on when we get there and we will not be moved . when asked if the could put it writing they said no.
thanks again
williej :glynis
Hi Williej,
....german sites that the hotel is reviewed in

You should find them somewhere in this Google search, many sites have English translation options.

Baldur
Hi willie j,

here is the link: http://www.holidaycheck.de/hotel-Hotelbewertungen_Hotel+Delta+Palace-ch_hb-hid_2936.html

Fiona, I hope, I'm allowed to post this link. If no, please cancel it.

Greetings

Bulgarienfan
For better understanding: 6,0 is very good; 1,0 is "forget it!"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.