Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Dentists!!
227 Posts
Please dont feel I was trying to question the quality or cleanliness of any of the dentists in Goa, I am sure they are all really good judging by all of your comments.I was just trying to point out that extensive treatment may sometimes require a visit after completion if something is not quite right, and infections are quite common after things like extractions. If you are back home by the time these things arise then you may have to go to a dentist an england anyway and pay twice! I was thinking more of the people that have treatment and then return straight home, rather than those who spend a long time there, or live there who can just pop back.
I understand what you are saying and of course it is good advice.Many have had bad experiences in the Uk and I often feel that Goan dentists are given bad press.

Example- our UK dentist made a hash of a root canal filling , which our Goan attempted to correct.My wife still had trouble when we went back this year so he did the whole job again FOR FREE and this time he got it right.
There is no way a UK dentist would do that.
I totally agree as I have worked for some appalling dentists in England whilst doing agency work, and private dentists here can basically charge what they like. I am lucky enough to work for an NHS dentist (a dying breed), I suppose it is the same for most professions you only really hear about the bad ones! :(
theres nothing better then a relaxing shave and haircut

well i know my husband would agree with you on that one :haha cos he's got sooo lazy he rarely shaves himself anymore!!!! he just loves all that massage and pampering!!! :D

I was just trying to point out that extensive treatment may sometimes require a visit after completion if something is not quite right

Lisaandrich, yes, i also agree its sound advice, when dealing with anything medical abroad we need to be cautious ....as long as people are careful and do their research! .......... and you are so right we often only hear of the bad experiences because of course not ALL Uk dentists are bad either!
chilly ;)
well i know my husband would agree with you on that one : cos he's got sooo lazy he rarely shaves himself anymore!!!! he just loves all that massage and pampering!!!

Just what my o/h says to me.Those little pleasures in life :D :D

One of the reasons I keep going back :rofl :rofl
Well I was thinking of going the dentist whilst I was in Goa, as I work for an Airline, so many of the crew get there teeth done whilst away so its put my mind at ease. Im going on my jollies though this time and was thinking of going with my partner. We both havent been the dentist for years though, especially me, I have never had problems with my teeth, no pains or nothing, hardly even had any pain with my wisdom, but recently I bit into somthing and my back two teeth every so often I get a lil pain so I was thinking I might need a filling, but would anyone chance it if you havent been the dentist for years. By the way im only 23, so there not rotting or anythin :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.