General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
You might have a point- perhaps chat should be in title?
I 'clicked' on it because I thought it was about departure lounges.
I don't think it's all down to the name. And the name was collectively thought up by the mods and admin, something that was holiday related.

Given the choice what would you rename it?

We are happy to rename it :)
I appreciate that on the main index page, following "Departure Lounge" there is a detailed explanation in small grey print that this is the place to have a chat, but not everyone uses the main index page. Some people, like me use " view new posts" and then only Departure Lounge shows up in the search results, and then if you didn't know better, might think it was a topic, not a chat room. Extending the title wouldn't do any harm, such as Departure Lounge - check in here for a chat. :)
Or rename it.

Chris & Phil's chinwag lounge

Holidaytruths VIP chat room

In the above , Perm any start phrase with any end phrase.. :rofl
Definately a contender :)
Keep them coming guys!!

Who is going to rename the "Departure Lounge" ? :)
Wasn't one of our old names just 'Chat Forum' or similar? (We had a few ;) )

I initially suggested Coffee lounge, but, on reflection maybe it should have been 'The Pub' :cheers
what's wrong with "General Chat" that's the title a lot of members will remember it by??
general chat.
You can't be more direct than that :) and - as we are trying to encourage people to join and to post- why not unhide the computer forum? it could easily folks on to HT.
nickmacuk wrote:
'Holidaytruths VIP chat room' :tup

Another vote from me on this :cheers
we confused enough members with the present title. How many will think they can't enter as they are not VIPs :rofl
Fiona wrote:
general chat.
You can't be more direct than that :) and - as we are trying to encourage people to join and to post- why not unhide the computer forum? it could easily folks on to HT.

I didn't know the computer forum was hidden :duh

I quite like Holiday Truths VIP chat room, or is there a way to keep Departure Lounge which I have always liked ( but then I knew it was the chat forum) and incorporate the word chat into the name somewhere as well to make it a bit more obvious what it is ?
Fiona wrote:
we confused enough members with the present title. How many will think they can't enter as they are not VIPs :rofl

I don't think it's confusing - Holiday chat is what we are all about, and VIP Chat room suggests a chat room - simples :cheers
But why VIP? I would go with Wizard with relax and chat
:D well if we're answering this, in the departure lounge,
we must know what it's for ;)

I'd just stick chat in brackets or something.
shrimper wrote:
But why VIP? I would go with Wizard with relax and chat

Because the staff here wanted to keep the holiday theme. Airport VIP lounges are well known and prolific. The first word Holidaytruths and the last word chat room make it clear what the forum is.
Thanks for all your input on this guys!!

Now that I think about it, Im not sure if personally I'm a fan of the VIP part wouldnt want people to think its exclusive as we allow everyone in to the chat room. Although a recent change means its only visible to members.

But the consensus seems to be "Chat Room" or "General Chat". Something simple! :)
I'll give it a few more days in case anyone else wants to pitch in then ill count the votes and make the change!

Thanks again!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.