General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have you thought of Dubai............. Red Sea............. good weather , good hotels , great for diving and you might even have some change left for a present .
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply! I was looking at Dubai, but I think its going to be a bit sterile for what I want from this. Plus, its also Ramadan, so I don't know how that will affect things.

I was thinking perhaps of the med. Sardinia did get mentioned once or twice.
What about Egypt? That would fit the bill with the beaches and diving.

luci :wave
I was on Google earth yesterday wondering what the extraordinary complex I'd seen from the coach in Tenerife was, and it's this spa complex...

http://www.abamahotelresort.com/eng/index.htm

Looks very exotic, but without a long haul flight and jet lag etc.

Don't know if it offers diving though........
How about Cape Verde? CLICK HERE It's only 5½ hours flight but with a similar climate to the Caribbean and fantastic beaches. I'm hoping to go there myself one day, as soon as I don't have to have my kids with me and I can do something a bit more "grown-up"... :roll:
Well, I have a couple of non-hectic work hours for the moment, so I shall have a browse. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know.
I agree with Luci about Eygpt. The Sinai has really good diving and some lovely beaches, also some first class luxury hotels and it's not such a long flight as the Caribbean.
I believe BA have one flight per day to Sharm el Sheikh though the flights are often booked up very early.
the gambia is also a great place to visit,30 o all year round , great beach and freindly people...
very cheap to eat+drink also.
not sure about diving though but some good fishing trips.. :lol:
How about Cyprus?

Not far to fly, hot etc.

Paphos is pretty good and there are some superb hotels there, plus nice beaches, things to do, relaxing if you want it, busy if you want it!

Can't comment on the other resorts: Limmosol, Protoras, Ayia Napa etc as I have only ever been to Paphos (3 times!)
Sinai Peninsula Egypt (I'm here now, second visit :wink: ). Can't beat it for diving/snorkelling and weather :wink:

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.